|Brady update||08.18.08 at 2:20 pm ET|
Saying he’s trying to be smart with his body, Tom Brady told WEEI’s “Patriots Monday” that he is getting treatment on his right leg.
He did not confirm whether it was a sore foot that was keeping him out but did say that this current injury is not related to the right ankle sprain he sustained in the AFC Championship Game against San Diego. The next day he was photographed in a boot while walking in Manhattan.
“I’m not sure,” Brady told WEEI about his chances of playing this Friday against Philadelphia. “I’m not sure. I’m trying to get treatment this week and I’m feeling better every day. It’s going to be up to coach as to what he wants to do. But I think he’s been coaching long enough to understand that the first game in September is what’s important.”
The Patriots open the season on Sept. 7 at home against Kansas City.
Brady did not make the trip to Tampa Bay for Sunday night’s 27-10 loss to the Buccaneers.
2013 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2013 NFL DRAFT
- Dwight Freeney Signs With Chargers; Pats Showed 'Last Minute Interest'
- USA Today: Gronkowski Dealing With Back Issue, Could Face (Another)...
- Patriots Sign Second-Round Pick Jamie Collins
- New England Patriots Links 5/17/13 - Hightower Understands Work Ethic...
- Rapoport: Gronkowski Forearm Surgery 'Imminent'; Likely To Be Monday
- Kyle Love Claimed By Jaguars; Joins Brandon Deaderick
- On Kyle Love