|Remember when?…||08.20.08 at 10:35 am ET|
Tom Brady was a lanky, sixth-round pick out of Michigan and he was, like Kevin O’Connell, way down the Patriots depth chart at quarterback.
Going back to Tampa Bay on Sunday night had John Lynch remembering the 2000 season opener at old Foxboro Stadium. While with Bucs, defensive guru Monte Kiffin told him about that skinny kid in the No. 12 jersey across the way.
“I was telling (Brady) that I remember his first year, being the fourth quarterback, and Monty Kiffin saying, ‘Hey, they kind of like this kid. But don’t worry about. I’m sure we won’t see him.’ And to think all these years later about what he’s gone onto to do,” Lynch said. “That’s pretty impressive.”
Don’t expect to see Brady this week as he continues to get treatment on his reportedly sore right foot.
Old friend (and Ohio State alum) Albert Breer has an interesting read on what it takes to be a back-up quarterback.
Many New Englanders will recall Breer’s terrific work with MetroWest Daily News and the Boston Herald while on the Patriots beat.
After a stint covering the T.O. circus for the Dallas Morning News, he’s back in the Boston area, Sudbury to be exact, but working as the national football writer for The Sporting News on-line.
Why the praise? Because he’s an Ohio State Buckeye, through and through and he knows the pain of playing an SEC school when the national title is on the line.
2013 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2013 NFL DRAFT
- Patriots Spend League High $140K In Guaranteed Money For UDFAs
- New England Patriots Links 5/22/13 - Talib: OTAs About 'Getting Down the...
- The Potential Importance Of Jake Ballard
- Four Missing From Second Day Of Patriots OTAs
- The Top 20 Most Memorable Patriots Moments of 2012: Number 8
- New England Patriots Links 5/21/13 - Watching for Early Signs of...
- Tedy Bruschi Elected To Patriots Hall Of Fame