|Closing speed…||09.25.08 at 4:22 pm ET|
Troy Brown had many great moments that distinguished his 15-year career with the Patriots.
Here are just some of them…
1/19/02 – Brown returns a punt to set up Adam Vinatieri’s game-tying kick in the Snow Bowl against the Raiders.
1/27/02 – Brown returns a punt up the middle for 55 yards against the Pittsburgh Steelers in the AFC Championship game as the Patriots survive in Pittsburgh, 24-17, and advance to the Super Bowl.
2/3/02 – Brown catches a key 23-yard pass from Tom Brady on a crossing pattern, setting up Vinatieri’s 48-yard game winning field goal against the St. Louis Rams in Super Bowl XXXVI.
9/22/02 – Brown catches a team record 16 catches in a 41-38 overtime win against Kansas City.
10/19/03 – Brown hauls in an 81-yard TD catch from Brady to beat Miami in overtime.
2/1/04 – Brown catches a pass from Tom Brady on first and 20, setting up Vinatieri’s game-winning kick.
11/19/06 – With Rodney Harrison, Eugene Wilson and Asante Samuel out with injuries, Brown is assigned to cover Green Bay’s Donald Driver, the leading receiver in the NFC. He hold Driver to one catch for three yards while assigned to him.
12/23/07 – Troy Brown is activated for the final game of his career against the Miami Dolphins at Gillette Stadium.
After all of those great moments on the field, one remains. The Patriots will honor their all-time leading receiver on Thursday night, Nov. 13, during the team’s home game against the New York Jets.
2013 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2013 NFL DRAFT
- Patriots Sign Fourth Round Pick Josh Boyce
- Report: Patriots Restructure Julian Edelman's Contract
- New England Patriots Links 5/24/13 - Chandler Jones 'Ramping Up' for Year...
- Bill Belichick and The Greatest Coaches Ever
- New England Patriots Links 5/23/13 - Amendola, Jenkins Top Receivers at...
- Patriots Claim OT Kevin Haslam; Waive R.J. Mattes
- Patriots Spend League High $140K In Guaranteed Money For UDFAs