|Patriots sign Banta-Cain, Listorti||02.18.09 at 5:41 pm ET|
The Patriots announced this afternoon they have signed free agent linebacker Tully Banta-Cain and free agent tight end Brad Listorti.
Banta-Cain, taken by New England in the seventh round of the 2003 draft, returns to the Patriots after playing the last two seasons in San Francisco. In his six-year career, Banta-Cain has played in 82 games with 15 starts, and has recorded 97 tackles, 12 sacks and one interception. In addition, he’s made 71 special teams tackles. Banta-Cain was primarily an outside linebacker for New England, playing in 54 games in four years. In addition, he was very well-liked by many in the Patriots’ locker room before he signed a three-year, $12.2 million deal with the 49ers before the 2007 season. (San Francisco released him earlier this month.) Despite his numbers, his greatest claim to fame locally might have been this incident.
Listorti, a product of the University of Massachusetts, was signed by Atlanta prior to the start of last season as a rookie free agent, but was waived by the Falcons in August. The 6-foot-4, 255-pound Listorti had two stints on the Jets’ practice squad this past season.
2013 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2013 NFL DRAFT
- Dwight Freeney Signs With Chargers; Pats Showed 'Last Minute Interest'
- USA Today: Gronkowski Dealing With Back Issue, Could Face (Another)...
- Patriots Sign Second-Round Pick Jamie Collins
- New England Patriots Links 5/17/13 - Hightower Understands Work Ethic...
- Rapoport: Gronkowski Forearm Surgery 'Imminent'; Likely To Be Monday
- Kyle Love Claimed By Jaguars; Joins Brandon Deaderick
- On Kyle Love