|Patriots acquire WR Lewis||03.05.09 at 3:41 pm ET|
WEEI.com has confirmed a report by the NFL Network the Patriots have just acquired wide receiver Greg Lewis from the Philadelphia Eagles, pending a physical.
Lewis, 29, has spent six seasons in the NFL, all with the Eagles, and has 127 catches for 1,699 yards and seven touchdowns over the course of his career. The 6-foot, 190-pound Lewis product had a career-best year in 2005, when he had 48 receptions for 561 yards and a touchdown and caught a touchdown pass in Philadelphia’s Super Bowl XXXIX loss to the Patriots.
Patriots coach Bill Belichick has spoken very highly of Lewis in the past — prior to the New England-Philadelphia game in 2007, Belichick spoke in glowing terms about the Eagles’ receivers, saying of Lewis “he’s killed us before.”
(UPDATE — Here are the particulars of the deal, just released by the Patriots: In addition to Lewis, New England also receives an undisclosed 2010 draft selection from the Eagles, and has sent an undisclosed 2009 draft choice to Philadelphia.)
2013 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2013 NFL DRAFT
- Patriots Sign Fourth Round Pick Josh Boyce
- Report: Patriots Restructure Julian Edelman's Contract
- New England Patriots Links 5/24/13 - Chandler Jones 'Ramping Up' for Year...
- Bill Belichick and The Greatest Coaches Ever
- New England Patriots Links 5/23/13 - Amendola, Jenkins Top Receivers at...
- Patriots Claim OT Kevin Haslam; Waive R.J. Mattes
- Patriots Spend League High $140K In Guaranteed Money For UDFAs