Workouts on the radar
|03.23.09 at 9:40 am ET|
According to multiple reports, two collegians are set to run through workouts for the Patriots the next couple of weeks.
This Wednesday, Cincinnati defensive back Brandon Underwood will work out for New England officials. Underwood, who transferred from Ohio State to Cincinnati for his senior season, is a 6-foot-1, 198-pounder who has played both free safety and corner in college. In his lone season with the Bearcats, Underwood was first-team all-Big East at safety. He finished with 66 tackles, and had a team-high three fumbles recovered, along with four interceptions. He also forced two fumbles and had six pass breakups. For more on Underwood, click here or here.
In addition, the Patriots are set to work out Western Illinois linebacker Jason Williams next week. Williams is a 6-foot-3, 235-pound linebacker who wasn’t invited to the NFL Scouting Combine, but raised eyebrows when he ran between a 4.42 and 4.48 40 for scouts in a workout at Northwestern. As a senior at Western Illinois, Williams had 67 tackles, including 17 for a loss, as well as four sacks and six pass breakups. (The linebacker also has a workout lined up today with the Colts.) The Patriots have a good history with players from Western Illinois ‘ Rodney Harrison played there from 1991 through 1993. For more on Williams, click here.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Freeney Would Add No Value to Patriots Defense
- Can Malcom Brown Make 2nd-Year Jump for Patriots?
- Is Cannon Safe on Patriots' Roster?
- Can Garoppolo Carry Patriots in Brady's Absence?
- Latest on Patriots WR Danny Amendola's Injury
- Patriots Players on Notice After 2016 Offseason Roster Moves
- Dobson Will Be in the Fight of His Life for a Roster Spot in 2016