Workouts on the radar
|03.23.09 at 9:40 am ET|
According to multiple reports, two collegians are set to run through workouts for the Patriots the next couple of weeks.
This Wednesday, Cincinnati defensive back Brandon Underwood will work out for New England officials. Underwood, who transferred from Ohio State to Cincinnati for his senior season, is a 6-foot-1, 198-pounder who has played both free safety and corner in college. In his lone season with the Bearcats, Underwood was first-team all-Big East at safety. He finished with 66 tackles, and had a team-high three fumbles recovered, along with four interceptions. He also forced two fumbles and had six pass breakups. For more on Underwood, click here or here.
In addition, the Patriots are set to work out Western Illinois linebacker Jason Williams next week. Williams is a 6-foot-3, 235-pound linebacker who wasn’t invited to the NFL Scouting Combine, but raised eyebrows when he ran between a 4.42 and 4.48 40 for scouts in a workout at Northwestern. As a senior at Western Illinois, Williams had 67 tackles, including 17 for a loss, as well as four sacks and six pass breakups. (The linebacker also has a workout lined up today with the Colts.) The Patriots have a good history with players from Western Illinois ‘ Rodney Harrison played there from 1991 through 1993. For more on Williams, click here.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots OT Sebastian Vollmer Injury
- Latest Updates on Tom Brady's Thumb Injury
- Malcolm Mitchell Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Elbow
- Tom Brady Comments on Suspension, Decision to Drop Deflategate Appeal
- Latest Updates on Bryan Stork's Concussion
- Gronk Is Too Good to Be NFL's Highest-Paid TE
- Rob Gronkowski Contract: Latest News, Rumors on TE's Negotiations with...