The History of No. 34
|04.10.09 at 12:05 am ET|
The Patriots also have the 34th overall pick in the draft later this month. Here’s a look at who’s been selected with the No. 34 pick the last 10 years. (Click on each name to find their career stats.)
2008: Devin Thomas, WR (Washington)
2007: Paul Posluszny, LB (Buffalo)
2006: D’Qwell Jackson, LB (Cleveland)
2005: Brodney Pool, S (Cleveland)
2003: Boss Bailey, LB (Detroit)
2002: DeShaun Foster, RB (Carolina)
2001: Kyle Vanden Bosch, DE (Arizona)
2000: Mark Roman, CB (Cincinnati)
1999: Chris Terry, T (Carolina)
The Patriots have selected at No. 34 just once in team history, but they certainly hit the jackpot with the pick ‘ linebacker Steve Nelson was taken with the 34th overall selection in the 1974 draft. Nelson played 14 seasons with the Patriots, and ended up as a three-time Pro Bowler who finished with 1,776 career tackles. In addition, he was named to the Patriots All-Decade team for both the 1970s and 1980s.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...
- Despite Injuries, Patriots Already September's Biggest Winners in the NFL
- Houston Texans vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick