The History of No. 34
|04.10.09 at 12:05 am ET|
The Patriots also have the 34th overall pick in the draft later this month. Here’s a look at who’s been selected with the No. 34 pick the last 10 years. (Click on each name to find their career stats.)
2008: Devin Thomas, WR (Washington)
2007: Paul Posluszny, LB (Buffalo)
2006: D’Qwell Jackson, LB (Cleveland)
2005: Brodney Pool, S (Cleveland)
2003: Boss Bailey, LB (Detroit)
2002: DeShaun Foster, RB (Carolina)
2001: Kyle Vanden Bosch, DE (Arizona)
2000: Mark Roman, CB (Cincinnati)
1999: Chris Terry, T (Carolina)
The Patriots have selected at No. 34 just once in team history, but they certainly hit the jackpot with the pick ‘ linebacker Steve Nelson was taken with the 34th overall selection in the 1974 draft. Nelson played 14 seasons with the Patriots, and ended up as a three-time Pro Bowler who finished with 1,776 career tackles. In addition, he was named to the Patriots All-Decade team for both the 1970s and 1980s.
2017 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2017 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Conor McDermott NFL Draft 2017: Scouting Report for Seattle Seahawks'...
- Deatrich Wise Jr NFL Draft 2017: Scouting Report for New England...
- Brandin Cooks' Contract Option Reportedly Exercised by Patriots
- Derek Rivers Becomes 1st Player Drafted by Super Bowl Champion Patriots...
- Mike Gillislee's Patriots Contract Offer Sheet Declined by Bills
- Malcolm Butler Reportedly 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Traded Despite Saints...
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season