The History of No. 34
|04.10.09 at 12:05 am ET|
The Patriots also have the 34th overall pick in the draft later this month. Here’s a look at who’s been selected with the No. 34 pick the last 10 years. (Click on each name to find their career stats.)
2008: Devin Thomas, WR (Washington)
2007: Paul Posluszny, LB (Buffalo)
2006: D’Qwell Jackson, LB (Cleveland)
2005: Brodney Pool, S (Cleveland)
2003: Boss Bailey, LB (Detroit)
2002: DeShaun Foster, RB (Carolina)
2001: Kyle Vanden Bosch, DE (Arizona)
2000: Mark Roman, CB (Cincinnati)
1999: Chris Terry, T (Carolina)
The Patriots have selected at No. 34 just once in team history, but they certainly hit the jackpot with the pick ‘ linebacker Steve Nelson was taken with the 34th overall selection in the 1974 draft. Nelson played 14 seasons with the Patriots, and ended up as a three-time Pro Bowler who finished with 1,776 career tackles. In addition, he was named to the Patriots All-Decade team for both the 1970s and 1980s.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots File Amicus Brief Supporting Brady's Deflategate Suspension...
- Deep Battle Brewing for Roster Spots at WR for Patriots
- Robert Kraft Comments on Handling of Tom Brady's Deflategate Suspension
- Freeney Would Add No Value to Patriots Defense
- Can Malcom Brown Make 2nd-Year Jump for Patriots?
- Is Cannon Safe on Patriots' Roster?
- Can Garoppolo Carry Patriots in Brady's Absence?