The History of No. 34
|04.10.09 at 12:05 am ET|
The Patriots also have the 34th overall pick in the draft later this month. Here’s a look at who’s been selected with the No. 34 pick the last 10 years. (Click on each name to find their career stats.)
2008: Devin Thomas, WR (Washington)
2007: Paul Posluszny, LB (Buffalo)
2006: D’Qwell Jackson, LB (Cleveland)
2005: Brodney Pool, S (Cleveland)
2003: Boss Bailey, LB (Detroit)
2002: DeShaun Foster, RB (Carolina)
2001: Kyle Vanden Bosch, DE (Arizona)
2000: Mark Roman, CB (Cincinnati)
1999: Chris Terry, T (Carolina)
The Patriots have selected at No. 34 just once in team history, but they certainly hit the jackpot with the pick ‘ linebacker Steve Nelson was taken with the 34th overall selection in the 1974 draft. Nelson played 14 seasons with the Patriots, and ended up as a three-time Pro Bowler who finished with 1,776 career tackles. In addition, he was named to the Patriots All-Decade team for both the 1970s and 1980s.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...
- Marcus Cannon, Patriots Agree to New Contract: Latest Details and...
- Tom Brady Became 5th QB in NFL History to Throw for at Least 60,000 Yards
- Patriots vs. Jets: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Recovery from Back...
- Julian Edelman Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Foot and Return