The History of No. 47
|04.10.09 at 12:17 am ET|
The Patriots have the 47th pick overall in this month’s draft. Here’s a look at who has been taken at No. 47 overall the last 10 years. (Click on a name for complete career stats.)
2008: Trevor Laws, DT (Philadelphia)
2007: David Harris, LB (New York Jets)
2006: Daryn Colledge, T (Green Bay)
2005: Mike Nugent, K (New York Jets)
2004: Tank Johnson, DT (Chicago)
2003: Kawika Mitchell, LB (Kansas City)
2002: Andre Davis, WR (Cleveland)
2001: Jamie Winborn, LB (San Francisco)
2000: Jerry Porter, WR (Oakland)
1999: Fred Vinson, CB (Green Bay)
The Patriots have selected at No. 47 twice in the history of the franchise. New England selected running back Tony Collins in the 1981 draft, and took wide receiver Darryal Wilson in 1983. Collins totaled 4,647 rushing yards and 32 touchdowns in his seven seasons with the Patriots, while Wilson played just nine games with New England in 1983, his only year with the team.
- Coping With Loss: the Rob Gronkowski Edition
- New England Patriots Links 12/11/13 - Can Mental Toughness Overcome...
- No Lead, No Problem
- Patriots vs. Browns: By the Numbers
- Offensive Fallout: Touch Percentage
- Patriots vs. Ravens Flexed Out of Primetime for Week 16
- New England Patriots Links 12/10/13 - 'Next Man Up' Philosophy Faces...