The History of No. 47
|04.10.09 at 12:17 am ET|
The Patriots have the 47th pick overall in this month’s draft. Here’s a look at who has been taken at No. 47 overall the last 10 years. (Click on a name for complete career stats.)
2008: Trevor Laws, DT (Philadelphia)
2006: Daryn Colledge, T (Green Bay)
2005: Mike Nugent, K (New York Jets)
2004: Tank Johnson, DT (Chicago)
2003: Kawika Mitchell, LB (Kansas City)
2002: Andre Davis, WR (Cleveland)
2001: Jamie Winborn, LB (San Francisco)
2000: Jerry Porter, WR (Oakland)
1999: Fred Vinson, CB (Green Bay)
The Patriots have selected at No. 47 twice in the history of the franchise. New England selected running back Tony Collins in the 1981 draft, and took wide receiver Darryal Wilson in 1983. Collins totaled 4,647 rushing yards and 32 touchdowns in his seven seasons with the Patriots, while Wilson played just nine games with New England in 1983, his only year with the team.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season
- 2017 New England Patriots Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV...
- Chiefs vs. Patriots to Open 2017 NFL Regular Season Schedule in...
- Patriots Favored in Updated Super Bowl 52 Odds Ahead of 2017 NFL Draft
- After Aaron Hernandez Suicide, Victim's Family Speaks: 'I Just Started...
- Super Bowl 51 Champion New England Patriots Visit President Trump at...
- Rob Gronkowski Interrupts Sean Spicer's Press Briefing During White House...