|The History of No. 47||04.10.09 at 12:17 am ET|
The Patriots have the 47th pick overall in this month’s draft. Here’s a look at who has been taken at No. 47 overall the last 10 years. (Click on a name for complete career stats.)
2008: Trevor Laws, DT (Philadelphia)
2007: David Harris, LB (New York Jets)
2006: Daryn Colledge, T (Green Bay)
2005: Mike Nugent, K (New York Jets)
2004: Tank Johnson, DT (Chicago)
2003: Kawika Mitchell, LB (Kansas City)
2002: Andre Davis, WR (Cleveland)
2001: Jamie Winborn, LB (San Francisco)
2000: Jerry Porter, WR (Oakland)
1999: Fred Vinson, CB (Green Bay)
The Patriots have selected at No. 47 twice in the history of the franchise. New England selected running back Tony Collins in the 1981 draft, and took wide receiver Darryal Wilson in 1983. Collins totaled 4,647 rushing yards and 32 touchdowns in his seven seasons with the Patriots, while Wilson played just nine games with New England in 1983, his only year with the team.
2013 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2013 NFL DRAFT
- New England Patriots Links 5/20/13 - Brady Better Than Ever; OTAs Begin
- Dwight Freeney Signs With Chargers; Pats Showed 'Last Minute Interest'
- USA Today: Gronkowski Dealing With Back Issue, Could Face (Another)...
- Patriots Sign Second-Round Pick Jamie Collins
- New England Patriots Links 5/17/13 - Hightower Understands Work Ethic...
- Rapoport: Gronkowski Forearm Surgery 'Imminent'; Likely To Be Monday
- Kyle Love Claimed By Jaguars; Joins Brandon Deaderick