The History of No. 47
|04.10.09 at 12:17 am ET|
The Patriots have the 47th pick overall in this month’s draft. Here’s a look at who has been taken at No. 47 overall the last 10 years. (Click on a name for complete career stats.)
2008: Trevor Laws, DT (Philadelphia)
2006: Daryn Colledge, T (Green Bay)
2005: Mike Nugent, K (New York Jets)
2004: Tank Johnson, DT (Chicago)
2003: Kawika Mitchell, LB (Kansas City)
2002: Andre Davis, WR (Cleveland)
2001: Jamie Winborn, LB (San Francisco)
2000: Jerry Porter, WR (Oakland)
1999: Fred Vinson, CB (Green Bay)
The Patriots have selected at No. 47 twice in the history of the franchise. New England selected running back Tony Collins in the 1981 draft, and took wide receiver Darryal Wilson in 1983. Collins totaled 4,647 rushing yards and 32 touchdowns in his seven seasons with the Patriots, while Wilson played just nine games with New England in 1983, his only year with the team.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- NFL Power Rankings: Breaking Down Sunday's Action Ahead of Week 7
- Patriots vs. Bengals: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Illness: Updates on Patriots TE's Status and Return
- Tom Brady Elects Not to Comment When Asked About Donald Trump's Leaked...
- Cincinnati Bengals vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL...
- Martellus Bennett, Chris Hogan, James White Post-Week 5 Fantasy Advice
- Patriots vs. Browns: Full Report Card Grades for New England