The History of No. 58
|04.10.09 at 11:51 am ET|
The Patriots hold the 58th overall pick in this month’s draft. Here’s a look at the last 10 players taken with the 58th selection. (Click on the name for complete career stats.)
2008: Dexter Jackson, WR (Tampa Bay)
2007: Ikaika Alama-Francis, DE (Detroit)
2006: Richard Marshall, CB (Carolina)
2005: Terrence Murphy, WR (Green Bay)
2004: Shawntae Spencer, CB (San Francisco)
2003: Mike Doss, S (Indianapolis)
2002: Michael Lewis, S (Philadelphia)
2001: Travis Henry, RB (Buffalo)
2000: Travares Tillman, S (Buffalo)
1999: Montae Reagor, DE (Denver)
If they hold on to the pick, it will mark just the second time in franchise history New England will make a pick with the 58th overall selection. The Patriots took running back Carl Garrett with the 58th pick in 1969. Garrett went on to play four seasons with the Patriots, and made the AFL All-Star Game as a rookie.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...
- Despite Injuries, Patriots Already September's Biggest Winners in the NFL
- Houston Texans vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick