The History of No. 58
|04.10.09 at 11:51 am ET|
The Patriots hold the 58th overall pick in this month’s draft. Here’s a look at the last 10 players taken with the 58th selection. (Click on the name for complete career stats.)
2008: Dexter Jackson, WR (Tampa Bay)
2007: Ikaika Alama-Francis, DE (Detroit)
2006: Richard Marshall, CB (Carolina)
2005: Terrence Murphy, WR (Green Bay)
2004: Shawntae Spencer, CB (San Francisco)
2003: Mike Doss, S (Indianapolis)
2002: Michael Lewis, S (Philadelphia)
2001: Travis Henry, RB (Buffalo)
2000: Travares Tillman, S (Buffalo)
1999: Montae Reagor, DE (Denver)
If they hold on to the pick, it will mark just the second time in franchise history New England will make a pick with the 58th overall selection. The Patriots took running back Carl Garrett with the 58th pick in 1969. Garrett went on to play four seasons with the Patriots, and made the AFL All-Star Game as a rookie.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Malcolm Butler Reportedly 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Traded Despite Saints...
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season
- 2017 New England Patriots Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV...
- Chiefs vs. Patriots to Open 2017 NFL Regular Season Schedule in...
- Patriots Favored in Updated Super Bowl 52 Odds Ahead of 2017 NFL Draft
- After Aaron Hernandez Suicide, Victim's Family Speaks: 'I Just Started...
- Super Bowl 51 Champion New England Patriots Visit President Trump at...