The History of No. 58
|04.10.09 at 11:51 am ET|
The Patriots hold the 58th overall pick in this month’s draft. Here’s a look at the last 10 players taken with the 58th selection. (Click on the name for complete career stats.)
2008: Dexter Jackson, WR (Tampa Bay)
2007: Ikaika Alama-Francis, DE (Detroit)
2006: Richard Marshall, CB (Carolina)
2005: Terrence Murphy, WR (Green Bay)
2004: Shawntae Spencer, CB (San Francisco)
2003: Mike Doss, S (Indianapolis)
2002: Michael Lewis, S (Philadelphia)
2001: Travis Henry, RB (Buffalo)
2000: Travares Tillman, S (Buffalo)
1999: Montae Reagor, DE (Denver)
If they hold on to the pick, it will mark just the second time in franchise history New England will make a pick with the 58th overall selection. The Patriots took running back Carl Garrett with the 58th pick in 1969. Garrett went on to play four seasons with the Patriots, and made the AFL All-Star Game as a rookie.
- Patriots Are Reliant on Rookies, But Still Winning
- New England Patriots Links 12/04/13 - Patriots Preparing For All Browns...
- NFL Playoff Picture: Where do the Patriots Stand After 12 Games?
- Turning Heel
- New England Patriots Links 12/03/13 - Brady, Patriots Heat Up in December
- Patriots vs. Texans: By the Numbers
- Patriots vs. Texans: Fan Notes from the Game