The History of No. 58
|04.10.09 at 11:51 am ET|
The Patriots hold the 58th overall pick in this month’s draft. Here’s a look at the last 10 players taken with the 58th selection. (Click on the name for complete career stats.)
2008: Dexter Jackson, WR (Tampa Bay)
2007: Ikaika Alama-Francis, DE (Detroit)
2006: Richard Marshall, CB (Carolina)
2005: Terrence Murphy, WR (Green Bay)
2004: Shawntae Spencer, CB (San Francisco)
2003: Mike Doss, S (Indianapolis)
2002: Michael Lewis, S (Philadelphia)
2001: Travis Henry, RB (Buffalo)
2000: Travares Tillman, S (Buffalo)
1999: Montae Reagor, DE (Denver)
If they hold on to the pick, it will mark just the second time in franchise history New England will make a pick with the 58th overall selection. The Patriots took running back Carl Garrett with the 58th pick in 1969. Garrett went on to play four seasons with the Patriots, and made the AFL All-Star Game as a rookie.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots Feature Formidable 3-Man Pass-Rush Rotation
- Patriots File Amicus Brief Supporting Brady's Deflategate Suspension...
- Deep Battle Brewing for Roster Spots at WR for Patriots
- Robert Kraft Comments on Handling of Tom Brady's Deflategate Suspension
- Freeney Would Add No Value to Patriots Defense
- Can Malcom Brown Make 2nd-Year Jump for Patriots?
- Is Cannon Safe on Patriots' Roster?