The History of No. 58
|04.10.09 at 11:51 am ET|
The Patriots hold the 58th overall pick in this month’s draft. Here’s a look at the last 10 players taken with the 58th selection. (Click on the name for complete career stats.)
2008: Dexter Jackson, WR (Tampa Bay)
2007: Ikaika Alama-Francis, DE (Detroit)
2006: Richard Marshall, CB (Carolina)
2005: Terrence Murphy, WR (Green Bay)
2004: Shawntae Spencer, CB (San Francisco)
2003: Mike Doss, S (Indianapolis)
2002: Michael Lewis, S (Philadelphia)
2001: Travis Henry, RB (Buffalo)
2000: Travares Tillman, S (Buffalo)
1999: Montae Reagor, DE (Denver)
If they hold on to the pick, it will mark just the second time in franchise history New England will make a pick with the 58th overall selection. The Patriots took running back Carl Garrett with the 58th pick in 1969. Garrett went on to play four seasons with the Patriots, and made the AFL All-Star Game as a rookie.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...
- Marcus Cannon, Patriots Agree to New Contract: Latest Details and...
- Tom Brady Became 5th QB in NFL History to Throw for at Least 60,000 Yards
- Patriots vs. Jets: Full Report Card Grades for New England