The History of No. 89
|04.11.09 at 11:24 am ET|
The Patriots hold the 89th pick overall in this month’s draft. Here’s a look at who’s been taken 89th overall the last 10 years. (Click on name for complete career stats.)
2008: Steve Slaton, RB (Houston)
2007: Aaron Rouse, DB (Green Bay)
2006: Rashad Butler, T (Carolina)
2005: Atiyyah Ellison, DT (Carolina)
2004: Matt Ware, DB (Philadelphia)
2003: Andrew Williams, DE (San Francisco)
2002: Akin Ayodele, LB (Jacksonville)
2001: DeLawrence Grant, DE (Oakland)
2000: Corey Moore, OLB (Buffalo)
1999: Chike Okeafor, LB (San Francisco)
The Patriots have used the 89th overall selection just once in franchise history. Chris Carter, a defensive back out of Texas Texas, was taken in the third round by New England in 1997. Carter played three seasons with the Patriots, and started 15 games at safety in 1999 before moving on to play for Cincinnati and Houston. (For more on Carter, click here.)
- New England Patriots Links 12/13/13 - Defense Needs to Keep the Heat on...
- The New England Patriots now control their destiny in the AFC playoff...
- 2013 Week 14 Patriots Power Rankings
- New England Patriots Links 12/12/13 - Jamie Collins Growing into...
- Coping With Loss: the Rob Gronkowski Edition
- New England Patriots Links 12/11/13 - Can Mental Toughness Overcome...
- No Lead, No Problem