The History of No. 89
|04.11.09 at 11:24 am ET|
The Patriots hold the 89th pick overall in this month’s draft. Here’s a look at who’s been taken 89th overall the last 10 years. (Click on name for complete career stats.)
2008: Steve Slaton, RB (Houston)
2007: Aaron Rouse, DB (Green Bay)
2006: Rashad Butler, T (Carolina)
2005: Atiyyah Ellison, DT (Carolina)
2004: Matt Ware, DB (Philadelphia)
2003: Andrew Williams, DE (San Francisco)
2002: Akin Ayodele, LB (Jacksonville)
2001: DeLawrence Grant, DE (Oakland)
2000: Corey Moore, OLB (Buffalo)
1999: Chike Okeafor, LB (San Francisco)
The Patriots have used the 89th overall selection just once in franchise history. Chris Carter, a defensive back out of Texas Texas, was taken in the third round by New England in 1997. Carter played three seasons with the Patriots, and started 15 games at safety in 1999 before moving on to play for Cincinnati and Houston. (For more on Carter, click here.)
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...
- Despite Injuries, Patriots Already September's Biggest Winners in the NFL