The History of No. 97
|04.12.09 at 12:40 pm ET|
The Patriots have the 97th overall pick in this month’s draft. Here’s a look at who’s been taken 97th overall the last 10 years. (Click on name for complete career stats.)
2008: Andre Caldwell, WR (Cincinnati)
2007: Ray McDonald, DE (San Francisco)
2005: Domonique Foxworth, CB (Denver)
2003: Chris Simms, QB (Tampa Bay)
2002: Coy Wire, SS (Buffalo)
2001: Anthony Henry, DB (Cleveland)
2000: Curtis Keaton, RB (Cincinnati)
1999: John Welbourn, T (Philadelphia)
This year will mark the third time in franchise history it has used the 97th overall selection in the draft. The Patriots took Damon Denson, an offensive lineman out of Michigan, with the 97th overall pick in 1997. In addition, they selected wide receiver/kick returner Sammy Martin out of LSU at No. 97 overall in 1988.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Garoppolo Comments on Opportunity to Start for Patriots
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL