The History of No. 97
|04.12.09 at 12:40 pm ET|
The Patriots have the 97th overall pick in this month’s draft. Here’s a look at who’s been taken 97th overall the last 10 years. (Click on name for complete career stats.)
2008: Andre Caldwell, WR (Cincinnati)
2007: Ray McDonald, DE (San Francisco)
2005: Domonique Foxworth, CB (Denver)
2003: Chris Simms, QB (Tampa Bay)
2002: Coy Wire, SS (Buffalo)
2001: Anthony Henry, DB (Cleveland)
2000: Curtis Keaton, RB (Cincinnati)
1999: John Welbourn, T (Philadelphia)
This year will mark the third time in franchise history it has used the 97th overall selection in the draft. The Patriots took Damon Denson, an offensive lineman out of Michigan, with the 97th overall pick in 1997. In addition, they selected wide receiver/kick returner Sammy Martin out of LSU at No. 97 overall in 1988.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know
- Devin McCourty Comments on Decision to Skip White House Visit with Donald...