Catching up with Randy Moss
|04.21.09 at 10:49 pm ET|
Patriots wide receiver Randy Moss was back in his hometown of Rand, West Virginia Tuesday, helping film an episode of the TV show “NASCAR Angels.” The show, which helps renovate older cars for those in need, honored local youth football coach Mack Reed, helping fix Reed’s car that had more than 200,000 miles on it.
“I’m anxious to see how it’s going to turn out,” Moss told reporters. “It was a good day. The school showed up and showed great appreciation for Mack Reed and what he has done. It’s a good thing. Everyone was happy.”
The episode is scheduled to air the weekend of June 20-21. “NASCAR Angels” appears on over 200 broadcast stations nationwide.
It was also a chance for Moss to reconnect with some people from his hometown — the New England wide receiver met and talked with students on the same field where he starred as a high schooler, winning a pair of state championships for Rand’s DuPont High.
“I can’t believe they let the field go like this,” Moss said laughing. “We won two state titles on this field. That’s really just what time and old age is all about, though. As you get old, things do change. I still have my memories here and they will never leave. That’s me.
“I was just letting the kids know that they don’t really know how much the community — not just Rand, but their communities where they’re from such as Belle — the community depends on these guys [like Reed]. Not just for sports, but it’s bringing the people out here on a Thursday or Friday night. It doesn’t even have to be a win. It’s just about getting out in the community. There are a couple of things that I might want to come back and bring back to his school. Maybe do some community things that the players can come out and do. We want to make a better community and do things for the people.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- The Redemption of Josh McDaniels: Failure Taught Pats OC How to Pick His...
- Julian Edelman Comments on His Role Against Bills in Week 4
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England