|The History of No. 124||04.24.09 at 12:56 pm ET|
We had the history of the first six picks the Patriots hold in this year’s draft a couple of weeks back. (Click back a few pages for the full history — we’ll bring it forward to the front of the blog this weekend.) We’re going to finish that up here today. New England holds the 124th overall pick (fourth round) in this weekend’s draft — here’s a look at who has been taken at 124 over the last 10 years (click on the name for career stats).
2008: Justin Tryon, CB (Washington)
2007: Mansfield Wrotto, G (Seattle)
2006: Barry Cofield, NT (New York Giants)
2005: Jason Brown, C (Baltimore)
2004: Michael Waddell, CB (Tennessee)
2003: Brandon Lloyd, WR (San Francisco)
2002: Scott Peters, C (Philadelphia)
2001: Justin McCareins, WR (Tennessee)
2000: Bobby Myers, (Tennessee)
1999: Wali Rainer, LB (Cleveland)
The Patriots have selected at No. 124 six times over the years: Kantroy Barber, a fullback out of West Virginia, was taken in the fourth round of the 1996 draft; Ben Coates, a tight end out of tiny Livingstone College, was taken at No. 124 in the 1991 draft; Paul Fairchild, a guard out of Kansas, was selected 124th overall by the Patriots in the 1984 draft; defensive end Doug McDougald out of VPI was taken at No. 124 in the 1980 draft; Grambling defensive end/linebacker Charlie Battle (no information available) was No. 124 in the 1974 draft, and Ron Bolton, a defensive back out of Norfolk State, was taken at that spot by New England in 1972.
2013 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2013 NFL DRAFT
- Patriots Claim OT Kevin Haslam; Waive R.J. Mattes
- Patriots Spend League High $140K In Guaranteed Money For UDFAs
- New England Patriots Links 5/22/13 - Talib: OTAs About 'Getting Down the...
- The Potential Importance Of Jake Ballard
- Four Missing From Second Day Of Patriots OTAs
- The Top 20 Most Memorable Patriots Moments of 2012: Number 8
- New England Patriots Links 5/21/13 - Watching for Early Signs of...