|On Julian Edelman and Darryl Richard||04.26.09 at 6:56 pm ET|
The Patriots finished out the 2008 draft with the selections of Kent State’s Julian Edelman (No. 232) and Georgia Tech defensive lineman Darryl Richard (No. 234).
Edelman is an intriguing prospect who can be moved around a couple of different places in the offense. The 5-foot-11 195-pound Edelman started at Kent State as a quarterback, but some are viewing him as a potential “Wildcat” option in the pros because of his speed — he’s clocked a 4.46 in the 40. He also returned punts and played safety on the punt team, and several teams have worked him out as a wide receiver. More information on him can be found here.
Richard is a 6-foot-4, 290-pound defensive lineman who was a second-team All-ACC award winner as a senior. He bounced back from major knee surgery in 2005 to have a very successful collegiate career, finishing his senior season with 10 tackles for loss and four sacks. In his career with the Yellow Jackets, he registered 32 tackles for loss and 12.5 career sacks. Known as a true student-athlete, many believe he will likely have to put on some weight if he wants to succeed at the next level. Here’s a Q&A with Richard from a few years ago.
2013 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2013 NFL DRAFT
- USA Today: Gronkowski Dealing With Back Issue, Could Face (Another)...
- Patriots Sign Second-Round Pick Jamie Collins
- New England Patriots Links 5/17/13 - Hightower Understands Work Ethic...
- Rapoport: Gronkowski Forearm Surgery 'Imminent'; Likely To Be Monday
- Kyle Love Claimed By Jaguars; Joins Brandon Deaderick
- On Kyle Love
- Dwight Freeney's Dad Wants Him To Play For The Patriots