Pats sign fourth-round pick Ohrnberger
|06.16.09 at 5:21 pm ET|
The Patriots have just announced they have signed fourth-round pick Rich Ohrnberger. Here’s the complete announcement from the team:
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. — The New England Patriots signed fourth-round draft choice Rich Ohrnberger today. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed. Ohrnberger, an offensive lineman from Penn State, was drafted by the Patriots in the fourth round of the 2009 NFL Draft with the 123rd overall selection.
The 6-2, 291-pound Ohrnberger was a two-time All-Big Ten selection during his collegiate career. He took over the starting right guard role with nine games left in 2006 during his sophomore season. As a junior in 2007 he earned second-team All-Big Ten honors, starting all 12 games. Ohrnberger earned first-team All-Big Ten honors in his final season with Penn State in 2008, as he helped the team win the Big Ten Title and reach the Rose Bowl.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Garoppolo Comments on Opportunity to Start for Patriots
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL