It’s official: Pats ink Butler
|07.13.09 at 4:15 pm ET|
The Patriots, via their web site, announced Monday afternoon they have officially signed second-round draft pick Darius Butler.
Terms of the deal, which had initially been reported last week via the Twitter feed of Butler’s agent, Drew Rosenhaus, were not disclosed. However, a report on Pro Football Talk indicated the contract for the cornerback out of UConn breaks down like this: Butler will receive a roster bonus of $440,000 and a guaranteed option bonus of $1.6275 million. He’ll receive base salaries of $310,000 in 2009, $395,000 in 2010, $582,500 in 2011, and $770,000 in 2012.
Butler, the 41st overall selection, is the second of New England’s 12 draft picks to sign. Offensive lineman Rich Ohrnberger also signed a four-year deal on June 16.
Butler, 5-foot-10, 185-pound cornerback was a two-year team captain who started all of his 45 career college games at cornerback. He was a first-team All-Big East pick as a senior in 2008. Butler finished his collegiate career with 125 total tackles, 10 interceptions and 26 passes defensed.
2013 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2013 NFL DRAFT
- New England Patriots Links 6/19/13 - Patriots Dominate on First Down
- Police Searched Aaron Hernandez' Home For More than Two Hours
- Aaron Hernandez Questioned, Has Home Searched after Killing
- Report: Rob Gronkowski Back Surgery Completed and Successful
- Fantasy Outlook: Patriots RB Stevan Ridley
- The Top 20 Most Memorable Patriots Moments of 2012: Number 5
- New England Patriots Links 6/18/13 - Shane Vereen: Offense Has 'Sour...