|WEEI confirms Pryor deal||07.14.09 at 10:37 am ET|
WEEI.com has confirmed the Patriots have signed sixth-round draft pick Myron Pryor.
Pryor, a 6-foot, 319-pound defensive tackle out of Kentucky, was the 207th overall pick in the draft. A four-year starter for the Wildcats, he was a second-team All-SEC and made 34 career starts as a collegian.
Described by New England Director of Player Personnel Nick Caserio as “big and agile,” he impressed the Patriots after the New England braintrust watched the tape of his performance last year against highly-touted Louisville center Eric Wood.
“We’re happy to have him,” Caserio said of Pryor back in May.
Pryor is the third of the Patriots’ 12 draft picks to agree to contracts — second-round selection Darius Butler and fourth-round pick Rich Ohrnberger are also in the fold. The details of Pryor’s contract have not been disclosed, but Pro Football Talk reports that it’s a four-year deal that includes a $79,000 signing bonus, with a total base salary of $1.829 million.
2013 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2013 NFL DRAFT
- USA Today: Gronkowski Dealing With Back Issue, Could Face (Another)...
- Patriots Sign Second-Round Pick Jamie Collins
- New England Patriots Links 5/17/13 - Hightower Understands Work Ethic...
- Rapoport: Gronkowski Forearm Surgery 'Imminent'; Likely To Be Monday
- Kyle Love Claimed By Jaguars; Joins Brandon Deaderick
- On Kyle Love
- Dwight Freeney's Dad Wants Him To Play For The Patriots