Jarvis Green: ‘This is my last year with the Patriots’
|07.22.09 at 1:30 pm ET|
Patriots’ defensive lineman and Louisiana native Jarvis Green spoke with a Louisiana newspaper recently, and had some interesting comments. He talked about a wide variety of topics, including New England’s near-miss in Super Bowl XLII and the success he and the Patriots’ had early in his career.
He’s looking forward to the 2009 season: “This season will be a special season because I know everybody is watching to see what we’re going to do,” he said. “Who we are on paper doesn’t mean anything. It’s a great year to go back and see how we put things together after the way last year ended.”
He also talked about missing his home state of Louisiana — especially in the winter — and tacked on an interesting footnote: “This is my last year with the Patriots. I’d love to come home and finish off as a Saint.” The 30-year-old Green is entering the final year of a five-year contract he signed in 2005.
- Coping With Loss: the Rob Gronkowski Edition
- New England Patriots Links 12/11/13 - Can Mental Toughness Overcome...
- No Lead, No Problem
- Patriots vs. Browns: By the Numbers
- Offensive Fallout: Touch Percentage
- Patriots vs. Ravens Flexed Out of Primetime for Week 16
- New England Patriots Links 12/10/13 - 'Next Man Up' Philosophy Faces...