Jarvis Green: ‘This is my last year with the Patriots’
|07.22.09 at 1:30 pm ET|
Patriots’ defensive lineman and Louisiana native Jarvis Green spoke with a Louisiana newspaper recently, and had some interesting comments. He talked about a wide variety of topics, including New England’s near-miss in Super Bowl XLII and the success he and the Patriots’ had early in his career.
He’s looking forward to the 2009 season: ‘This season will be a special season because I know everybody is watching to see what we’re going to do,’ he said. ‘Who we are on paper doesn’t mean anything. It’s a great year to go back and see how we put things together after the way last year ended.’
He also talked about missing his home state of Louisiana — especially in the winter — and tacked on an interesting footnote: ‘This is my last year with the Patriots. I’d love to come home and finish off as a Saint.’ The 30-year-old Green is entering the final year of a five-year contract he signed in 2005.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Griff Whalen to Patriots: Latest Contract Details, Comments and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?