Source: Sulak will work out for Pats on Tuesday
|07.27.09 at 6:03 pm ET|
A source tells WEEI.com that free agent defensive end/linebacker Stryker Sulak did not work out for the Patriots today — contrary to this report in the Rock Hill (N.C.) Herald — but will work out in Foxborough tomorrow.
An initial report had the Missouri product working out for the Patriots on Monday afternoon. However, the source indicated that Sulak did not arrive in Boston until 5 p.m. on Monday, and said Sulak “is scheduled to work out for the Pats [Tuesday].”
Sulak was selected by Oakland with the 199th overall pick of the 2009 Draft, but was released by the Raiders two weeks ago in a move that left people around the league scratching their heads. The 6-foot-5, 241-pound Sulak is considered a pass-rushing specialist, and had 22.5 quarterback sacks during his career at the University of Missouri.
Sulak’s agent Bob Lattinville told the Herald that “at least 10 other teams” are interested in his client — Sulak reportedly has a workout scheduled for later this week with the Carolina Panthers.
“He’d be a fine addition for any team,” Lattinville said. “And there’s no lack of motivation, that’s for sure.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...
- Despite Injuries, Patriots Already September's Biggest Winners in the NFL