Source: Sulak will work out for Pats on Tuesday
|07.27.09 at 6:03 pm ET|
A source tells WEEI.com that free agent defensive end/linebacker Stryker Sulak did not work out for the Patriots today — contrary to this report in the Rock Hill (N.C.) Herald — but will work out in Foxborough tomorrow.
An initial report had the Missouri product working out for the Patriots on Monday afternoon. However, the source indicated that Sulak did not arrive in Boston until 5 p.m. on Monday, and said Sulak “is scheduled to work out for the Pats [Tuesday].”
Sulak was selected by Oakland with the 199th overall pick of the 2009 Draft, but was released by the Raiders two weeks ago in a move that left people around the league scratching their heads. The 6-foot-5, 241-pound Sulak is considered a pass-rushing specialist, and had 22.5 quarterback sacks during his career at the University of Missouri.
Sulak’s agent Bob Lattinville told the Herald that “at least 10 other teams” are interested in his client — Sulak reportedly has a workout scheduled for later this week with the Carolina Panthers.
“He’d be a fine addition for any team,” Lattinville said. “And there’s no lack of motivation, that’s for sure.”
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots Draft Picks: Results, Analysis and Grades
- Why the 1st Round of the 2016 NFL Draft Still Matters to Patriots
- Patriots Last-Minute 7-Round Mock Draft and Top-100 Big Board
- What Are the Patriots' Long-Term Needs?
- Patriots Draft Guide and Preview
- Super Bowl LI Odds: Brady Suspension Equals Uncertainty for Pats
- Gronk Reveals the Secret to Tinder Success