|Maroney Doesn’t Care About Fragile Label||07.31.09 at 5:30 pm ET|
Laurence Maroney is entering his fourth season with the Patriots after playing in just 3 games in the 2008 season. Labeled by many as an injury prone player, Maroney said today he doesn’t care what people say. Maroney’s added that his goal this year is to stay healthy and help the team win. Maroney also talked about the preparations he made for the upcoming season.
Maroney is excited about the addition of Fred Taylor and said he can learn a lot from the veteran running back. Maroney thinks Taylor can have the same type of influence on him as Corey Dillon did back during his rookie season in 2006. Maroney thinks Taylor can help him become an overall better running back. Maroney said he is hoping his NFL career will resemble Fred Taylors’ because like Maroney, Taylor was unable to play a full season during his first few years in the league as well. Hopefully nobody tells Laurence that Taylor’s breakout season came in his 5th year in the league, not his fourth.
Click on the audio links below to listen to some of the comments Maroney made today after his morning practice session.
2013 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2013 NFL DRAFT
- Dwight Freeney Signs With Chargers; Pats Showed 'Last Minute Interest'
- USA Today: Gronkowski Dealing With Back Issue, Could Face (Another)...
- Patriots Sign Second-Round Pick Jamie Collins
- New England Patriots Links 5/17/13 - Hightower Understands Work Ethic...
- Rapoport: Gronkowski Forearm Surgery 'Imminent'; Likely To Be Monday
- Kyle Love Claimed By Jaguars; Joins Brandon Deaderick
- On Kyle Love