We are at Gillette Stadium…
|09.14.09 at 5:15 pm ET|
FOXBOROUGH — We are on the scene here at Gillette Stadium, ready to blog our way through tonight’s regular-season opener against the Bills. It’s a beautiful night for football — weather.com expects the lows to dip into the mid-60s before the end of the game. Right now, it’s slightly cloudy, but with a nice breeze. Don’t expect the weather to play much of role in tonight’s game.
‘¢There’s a sizable national media contingent, led by roughly 500,000 ESPN employees all over the place. The “Monday Night Football” pregame show has a tent on the field, and a ton of ESPN folks are listed on tonight’s credential sheet. In addition, there are a bunch of national writers here, presumably to chronicle Tom Brady’s first regular-season outing in a year.
‘¢Around the wall that surrounds the stadium that separates the stands from the field is a photographic mural of great moments and players in Patriots’ history. There are pictures of Bill Belichick, Adam Vinatieri, Steve Nelson, Mike Haynes, Rodney Harrison and Sam Cunningham, among others, as well as the teams’ 50th anniversary logo. It brings a different look to the stadium and the field — it’ll be interesting to see how it looks on television. On the field, the AFL commemorative logo is at each 25-yard-line, as well as the official NFL kickoff logo.
‘¢There are scouts from three teams in attendance — the Jets, Saints and Bucs all have representatives here.
‘¢We will have updates and analysis here throughout the night, as well as quotes from the locker room after the game. Make sure to check back with us often during the course of the game, and hit us up for all the information you need once the game is done.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...