Pats cut Prescott Burgess, sign Sands
|09.28.09 at 5:37 pm ET|
WEEI.com has just confirmed that the Patriots have released linebacker Prescott Burgess and have signed free agent defensive tackle Terdell Sands. Sands is a 6-foot-7, 335-pound defensive lineman out of the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. Sands, who will turn 30 next month, was a seventh-round pick of the Chiefs in the 2001 draft, and has played for Kansas City, Green Bay and Oakland. In six years with the Raiders he started 14 of 75 games and had 128 tackles, four sacks and one interception. He was released on Sept. 5.
Sands worked out for the Patriots recently, and would provide depth along the defensive line in case Vince Wilfork (ankle injury) is sidelined for an extended period of time.
- Belichick on Ridley, Faulk, and Ozzie Newsome
- The Best Around
- New England Patriots Links 12/06/13 - Sunday Spotlight Will Have Pats'...
- Alfonzo Dennard's Sentence Extended
- New England Patriots resign WR Austin Collie
- New England Patriots Links 12/05/13 - Alfonzo Dennard to Find Out Legal...
- 2013 Week 13 Patriots Power Rankings