We see Jerod Mayo, as well as a new champ … Titus Adams
|09.28.09 at 4:03 pm ET|
FOXBORO ‘ Just got back from the Patriots locker room. We saw Jerod Mayo sneak through, walking without crutches, a brace or a limp. (He politely delined an interview request.) Stephen Gostkowski, Fred Taylor and Brandon McGowan all drew big crowds.
The biggest news of the day is likely the fact that a new guy is holding the belt ‘ defensive lineman Titus Adams. Adams is the new Patriots’ Practice Player of the Week, a title previously held by safety Brandon McGowan. (He gets to hold on to the “Dirty Show” championship belt for the week.) Adams was going to stash the belt in the back of his locker before the media told him what McGowan did when he had it — he hung it over his top of his locker. As a result, the 6-foot-4, 305-pound Adams gently climbed up on top of his chair and looped it over the top of his locker, displaying it proudly.
“It’s cool,” Adams said after he hung the belt over the top of his locker. “It’s just something to let people know you’re doing your work.”
Asked to handicap the field when it comes to who could take the belt from him next week, the 26-year-old lineman out of Nebraska in his first season with the Patriots was noncommittal.
“I’d like to keep it again, but they’re coming for me,” said Adams, who has played with the Giants, Chargers and Bengals before coming to New England.
McGowan said it was tough giving up the belt.
“Of course. Of course. It’s always tough when you’ve got to give that up,” McGowan said with a grin.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know
- Devin McCourty Comments on Decision to Skip White House Visit with Donald...