Fisher: Collins, not Vince, gets start vs. Pats
|10.14.09 at 7:12 pm ET|
With his team winless in its first five games, Tennessee Titans head coach Jeff Fisher confirmed Wednesday that he has no intentions of benching quarterback Kerry Collins in favor of Vince Young for this Sunday’s game against the Patriots at Gillette Stadium.
“I’ve not wavered off of that,” said Fisher, who inserted Young late in the fourth quarter last Sunday against Indianapolis. “After the game I indicated that Kerry is our starter. I put Vince [Young] in because when you get behind and get ahead, it makes sense to get your backups some playing time and that was the reason. It was not a move, per say; it was just simply that. So Kerry returns as our starter.”
- Coping With Loss: the Rob Gronkowski Edition
- New England Patriots Links 12/11/13 - Can Mental Toughness Overcome...
- No Lead, No Problem
- Patriots vs. Browns: By the Numbers
- Offensive Fallout: Touch Percentage
- Patriots vs. Ravens Flexed Out of Primetime for Week 16
- New England Patriots Links 12/10/13 - 'Next Man Up' Philosophy Faces...