A Heavy Heart for Darius Butler
|10.18.09 at 9:11 pm ET|
FOXBORO ‘ Just hours after receiving the news that his friend and former college teammate Jasper Howard had been fatally stabbed, Darius Butler took the field Sunday for the Patriots.
With Howard’s death in the back of his head, Butler managed to make a key interception in the second quarter that led to a Patriots touchdown. He acknowledged that the tragic news entered his mind back and forth throughout the game but said it wasn’t difficult to play because, “I know how much he loved the game.”
Butler talked to an excited and thrilled Howard briefly after UConn defeated Louisville 38-25 Saturday night. Howard played a key role in the Huskies win, forcing a fumble when Louisville was in the red zone threatening to score. Butler said Howard was in good spirits.
Turn up the volume and take a listen to what Darius Butler said Sunday following the Patriots 59-0 victory of the Titans.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots Feature Formidable 3-Man Pass-Rush Rotation
- Patriots File Amicus Brief Supporting Brady's Deflategate Suspension...
- Deep Battle Brewing for Roster Spots at WR for Patriots
- Robert Kraft Comments on Handling of Tom Brady's Deflategate Suspension
- Freeney Would Add No Value to Patriots Defense
- Can Malcom Brown Make 2nd-Year Jump for Patriots?
- Is Cannon Safe on Patriots' Roster?