A Heavy Heart for Darius Butler
|10.18.09 at 9:11 pm ET|
FOXBORO ‘ Just hours after receiving the news that his friend and former college teammate Jasper Howard had been fatally stabbed, Darius Butler took the field Sunday for the Patriots.
With Howard’s death in the back of his head, Butler managed to make a key interception in the second quarter that led to a Patriots touchdown. He acknowledged that the tragic news entered his mind back and forth throughout the game but said it wasn’t difficult to play because, “I know how much he loved the game.”
Butler talked to an excited and thrilled Howard briefly after UConn defeated Louisville 38-25 Saturday night. Howard played a key role in the Huskies win, forcing a fumble when Louisville was in the red zone threatening to score. Butler said Howard was in good spirits.
Turn up the volume and take a listen to what Darius Butler said Sunday following the Patriots 59-0 victory of the Titans.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots OT Sebastian Vollmer Injury
- Latest Updates on Tom Brady's Thumb Injury
- Malcolm Mitchell Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Elbow
- Tom Brady Comments on Suspension, Decision to Drop Deflategate Appeal
- Latest Updates on Bryan Stork's Concussion
- Gronk Is Too Good to Be NFL's Highest-Paid TE
- Rob Gronkowski Contract: Latest News, Rumors on TE's Negotiations with...