A Heavy Heart for Darius Butler
|10.18.09 at 9:11 pm ET|
FOXBORO ‘ Just hours after receiving the news that his friend and former college teammate Jasper Howard had been fatally stabbed, Darius Butler took the field Sunday for the Patriots.
With Howard’s death in the back of his head, Butler managed to make a key interception in the second quarter that led to a Patriots touchdown. He acknowledged that the tragic news entered his mind back and forth throughout the game but said it wasn’t difficult to play because, “I know how much he loved the game.”
Butler talked to an excited and thrilled Howard briefly after UConn defeated Louisville 38-25 Saturday night. Howard played a key role in the Huskies win, forcing a fumble when Louisville was in the red zone threatening to score. Butler said Howard was in good spirits.
Turn up the volume and take a listen to what Darius Butler said Sunday following the Patriots 59-0 victory of the Titans.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Former Patriots, Miami CB Leonard Myers Dies at Age 38
- Tom Brady, Patriots Reportedly Have Mutual Interest in New Contract
- Jimmy Garoppolo Reportedly May Remain with Patriots Despite Trade Rumors
- Biggest Challenges Facing New England Patriots in 2017 Offseason
- Tom Brady's Super Bowl 51 Comeback to Be Made into Book and Feature Film
- Malcolm Butler's Life Story to Be Subject of Biographical Movie
- Julian Edelman Says Jimmy Garoppolo Has Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers...