Turn Up the Volume – Laurence Maroney and Junior Seau
|10.18.09 at 9:54 pm ET|
FOXBORO — After Sammy Morris went down in the first quarter of Sunday’s Pats-Titans game, Laurence Maroney knew it was his time to shine.
Maroney admitted he has been waiting for his big opportunity, and he certainly capitalized on that Sunday in Foxboro when he rushed for 123 yards on 16 attempts and averaged 7.7 yards a carry. Following the game, Maroney’s excitement about his own performance was obvious in his demeanor.
Junior Seau said it best when asked what it was like to get back on the playing field, saying, “Thats a real surf to turf.” Seau went from a surfboard to the frozen turf at Gillette Stadium in the matter of days, and the 40-year-old linebacker even managed to recover a fumble in the fourth quarter. After the game, Seau spoke to reporters and said he would certainly enjoy this win.
Turn up the volume and listen to what Maroney and Seau said after the game from the locker room at Gillette Stadium.
- New England Patriots resign WR Austin Collie
- New England Patriots Links 12/05/13 - Alfonzo Dennard to Find Out Legal...
- 2013 Week 13 Patriots Power Rankings
- Patriots Are Reliant on Rookies, But Still Winning
- New England Patriots Links 12/04/13 - Patriots Preparing For All Browns...
- NFL Playoff Picture: Where do the Patriots Stand After 12 Games?
- Turning Heel