Maroney looking for a fair deal
|10.22.09 at 3:43 pm ET|
FOXBORO – Laurence Maroney couldn’t believe it when he found out from team officials and others that American dollar doesn’t go quite as far as it used to – especially overseas.
Informed that $1.60 will only get you one British pound, he realized he won’t be doing that much shopping while over in jolly old London.
He went as far as to say he won’t even be getting on a famed double-decker bus.
“I’m just going to stay in my hotel room,” Maroney said.
And that’s just as well because Maroney would be shell-shocked if he tried to go out and shop while there on the three-day excursion.
“They’re already ready cheating me,” Maroney exclaimed. “I heard I have to give them $1.60 just to get one pound. That’s unfair. That’s highway robbery. A dollar’s not even worth a pound over there. I’m not even looking to spend any money.”
“It’s really not a vacation. It’s really a business trip. It’s not like I’m going out there to have fun and go sight-seeing. I’m going there for a job and that’s to play Tampa. I’ll worry about London on a later [trip],” Maroney said.
“If I want to go sight-seeing in London, I’ll have to go on my own time. Right now, I’m on Patriots time. So, I have to go out there and handle my job.”
Patriots’ time will be 5 p.m. London time Sunday afternoon, [1 p.m. ET] and the only exchange Maroney will be concerned about is the one that happens with a quarterback named Brady.
- Patriots vs. Browns: Fan Notes from the Game
- BNOTD: Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski Tears ACL
- New England Patriots Links 12/09/13 - Patriots Celebrate Last-Minute...
- In the Mind of Destruction
- Patriots vs. Browns Final Score: Gronkowski Injured in Dramatic 27-26...
- Halftime: Patriots Struggle Again in 1st Half, Trail Browns 6-0
- Week 14 Game Thread: Patriots vs. Browns