Belichick: Unlikely Pats Would Acquire Larry Johnson
|11.09.09 at 5:24 pm ET|
Bill Belichick, in his weekly visit on the Big Show on Monday, suggested that it was unlikely that the Patriots would acquire running back Larry Johnson, who was waived on Monday by the Chiefs. The Patriots head coach suggested that even if the Patriots were interested in acquiring the 29-year-old, he believes that another team with a higher waiver priority would claim Johnson, thus denying New England the chance to acquire him.
“Well, I haven’t seen the wire but I assume he’ll be on there. I would doubt [the Patriots would acquire Johnson],” Belichick said on the Big Show. “First of all, I think a player like that that’s on the wire, similar to [wide receiver] Chris Chambers who came on last week, somebody will get ahead of us. Even if we claim him, I doubt that we would get him.
“We have to decide whether we would want him or not. Maybe that’s something we’ll talk about,” Belichick added, “but I would think he’d be claimed before he would get to us.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots Place Aaron Dobson on IR
- Belichick's Heart Grew 3 Sizes Today
- Patriots Still Face Heavyweight Showdown vs. Broncos
- Pats Need Defense to Continue Recent Success
- Biggest Takeaways from Patriots' Week 11 Win
- Pats' 13th Straight Season With 10+ Wins
- Patriots vs. Broncos: Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick