Belichick: Unlikely Pats Would Acquire Larry Johnson
|11.09.09 at 5:24 pm ET|
Bill Belichick, in his weekly visit on the Big Show on Monday, suggested that it was unlikely that the Patriots would acquire running back Larry Johnson, who was waived on Monday by the Chiefs. The Patriots head coach suggested that even if the Patriots were interested in acquiring the 29-year-old, he believes that another team with a higher waiver priority would claim Johnson, thus denying New England the chance to acquire him.
“Well, I haven’t seen the wire but I assume he’ll be on there. I would doubt [the Patriots would acquire Johnson],” Belichick said on the Big Show. “First of all, I think a player like that that’s on the wire, similar to [wide receiver] Chris Chambers who came on last week, somebody will get ahead of us. Even if we claim him, I doubt that we would get him.
“We have to decide whether we would want him or not. Maybe that’s something we’ll talk about,” Belichick added, “but I would think he’d be claimed before he would get to us.”
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Scarnecchia Has Tall Task Developing Pats' Young Offensive Line
- What Are Explanations for Patriots' Failure to Address Hole at RB?
- Patriots: Way-Too-Early 53-Man Roster and Depth Chart Predictions
- Kraft Comments on Brady's Deflategate Suspension Being Upheld
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 3 Predictions
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 2 Predictions
- Patriots Draft Picks: Results, Analysis and Grades