Mayo on Bruschi and fourth and 2
|11.19.09 at 5:50 pm ET|
Patriots linebacker Jerod Mayo weighed in on a couple of topics with reporters today in the locker room:
On going for it on fourth down against the Colts…
We looked at it as a challenge. People say that it was a lack of confidence in us but we looked at it as a challenge and we looked at it as coach having enough confidence in us to give us a short field. Unfortunately we were unable to step up to the challenge and get the job done.
On Tedy Bruschi saying going for it on fourth down was a slight to the defense…
I have the ultimate respect for Tedy and everything he’s done for this organization, but he’s not in this locker room at this point in time so he doesn’t know the feeling that this defense or this team has. We still have our confidence, we still have our swagger and we’re gonna go out Sunday and show … the media I guess.
- Coping With Loss: the Rob Gronkowski Edition
- New England Patriots Links 12/11/13 - Can Mental Toughness Overcome...
- No Lead, No Problem
- Patriots vs. Browns: By the Numbers
- Offensive Fallout: Touch Percentage
- Patriots vs. Ravens Flexed Out of Primetime for Week 16
- New England Patriots Links 12/10/13 - 'Next Man Up' Philosophy Faces...