Laurence Maroney and Voltron
|11.20.09 at 3:36 pm ET|
FOXBORO – Sometimes the subject can be the teacher and interviewer all in one.
Laurence Maroney proved that on Friday in front of his locker at Gillette Stadium when he used a cartoon analogy to describe the unity among the four running backs, one of which is still injured.
“We’re just missing Fred,” Maroney said of Fred Taylor, who is still out with a bad ankle. “It’s not going to feel complete until Fred gets back with us. But slowly but surely, we’re reconnecting like Voltron, as I call it.”
For those of you not familiar, Voltron is a superhero [pictured here] that is made up of several smaller heroes known as tigers.
But when Maroney tried to draw the comparison on Friday of Voltron to the Patriots running back group of himself, BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Sammy Morris and Fred Taylor, he was met with blank stares.
“You watch Voltron? Anybody watch Voltron? Don’t tell me none of you have never seen Voltron. Nobody’s never seen the cartoon Voltron, the tigers, they connect.”
On Sunday, the Patriots may get another connection back as Morris hopes to be ready to go against the Jets.
- New England Patriots fans, take a deep breath and enjoy the ride
- The Heart of a Machine
- Patriots vs. Browns: Three Takeaways
- Patriots vs. Browns: Fan Notes from the Game
- BNOTD: Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski Tears ACL
- New England Patriots Links 12/09/13 - Patriots Celebrate Last-Minute...
- In the Mind of Destruction