Ryan feels Pats ‘disrespected’ Jets
|11.23.09 at 8:05 pm ET|
Jets coach Rex Ryan felt “disrespected” by the Patriots for throwing a deep pass with the game well in hand Sunday.
The Patriots were ahead 31-14 with less than a minute remaining in regulation when Tom Brady threw long for Randy Moss on third-and-6 from their 45-yard line. The pass fell incomplete, but it left a sour taste in Ryan’s mouth.
“I was surprised, and I did feel a little bit disrespected,” Ryan told reporters.
Ryan added that he didn’t know if Patriots Bill Belichick was behind the call, saying it might have been something Brady and Moss did on their own. The Jets coach was also asked if he thought perhaps maybe it was intended to be one final message to cornerback Darrelle Revis, who has developed a rivalry with Moss.
“I looked at that as an opportunity for us,” Ryan said. “Throw it up deep, our guy is going to come down with it more than your guy is. If they want to throw it up to Revis, that’s great. If they would have thrown it up to (Wes) Welker again, I would have had a problem with it.”
- Belichick on Ridley, Faulk, and Ozzie Newsome
- The Best Around
- New England Patriots Links 12/06/13 - Sunday Spotlight Will Have Pats'...
- Alfonzo Dennard's Sentence Extended
- New England Patriots resign WR Austin Collie
- New England Patriots Links 12/05/13 - Alfonzo Dennard to Find Out Legal...
- 2013 Week 13 Patriots Power Rankings