Belichick: ‘We have to do better than this’
|12.01.09 at 12:02 am ET|
Bill Belichick understandably looked like a man who just watched his team get manhandled by a still-perfect New Orleans Saints team.
Here are of some of his immediate postgame observations:
“Got to give New Orleans credit They were obviously the better team. They did a better job than I did.”
“They a very good team. But that doesn’t lessen the hurt on our end. We had several blown coverages. Enormous mistakes on our part.”
“They played a lot better defense than we did. We have to find a way to be more competitive than this.”
“They did what they do and did it very well.”
“I thought we needed more than a field goal to get back in the game.” Belichick on not converting 4th and 4 in third quarter.
“I don’t think they do anything to revolutionize the game but they execute very well. You can’t make big ones and we did and they hit on them.”
“They were better than we were in every phase of the game, I don’t know any better way to put. They were clearly better.”
“They’ve got a real good football team. They played very well tonight.” Belichick on whether Saints can go 16-0.
“We all have to do a better job than this.”
- Coping With Loss: the Rob Gronkowski Edition
- New England Patriots Links 12/11/13 - Can Mental Toughness Overcome...
- No Lead, No Problem
- Patriots vs. Browns: By the Numbers
- Offensive Fallout: Touch Percentage
- Patriots vs. Ravens Flexed Out of Primetime for Week 16
- New England Patriots Links 12/10/13 - 'Next Man Up' Philosophy Faces...