Moss: ‘They just put it to us’
|12.01.09 at 12:25 am ET|
Randy Moss was held to three catches and 67 yards as the Saints, playing without their starting cornerbacks, found a way to shut down New England’s No. 1 playmaking receiver.
Here’s what he had to say following the 38-17 loss to the 11-0 Saints:
“Nothing we haven’t seen before. Doubled me a lot. Doubled Wes a lot. They just put it to us.”
“Back to work. That’s the good thing about football. This one hurts but come Wednesday we focus on the Dolphins. We didn’t have any rhythm.”
“There were some self-inflicted wounds we let happen on both sides of the ball. We got our butts beat. I don’t even know the score.”
On the team’s lack of consistency: “It’s kind of wavy right now. I’ve got big, big, big dreams. I know Bill is going to put it to us this. We just have to take our lashes.”
“Coach Belichick is not going to let us down. I look forward to a helluva Wednesday and a helluva week.”
“Right now, I have my mind set on getting back to work.”
- New England Patriots Links 12/11/13 - Can Mental Toughness Overcome...
- No Lead, No Problem
- Patriots vs. Browns: By the Numbers
- Offensive Fallout: Touch Percentage
- Patriots vs. Ravens Flexed Out of Primetime for Week 16
- New England Patriots Links 12/10/13 - 'Next Man Up' Philosophy Faces...
- New England Patriots fans, take a deep breath and enjoy the ride