Fred Taylor: the head of Voltron returns
|12.04.09 at 7:09 pm ET|
FOXBORO – No one could better sum up the return of Fred Taylor the Patriots practice field on Friday afternoon than one Laurence Maroney.
“The head of Voltron is back,” smiled and laughed Maroney as he passed Taylor at his locker following Friday’s outdoor prep for Miami on Sunday at Land Shark Stadium. Voltron, of course, being Maroney’s cartoon robot analogy for the Patriots running game that now has four distinct weapons in himself, BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Sammy Morris and Fred Taylor.
Taylor politely declined to speak to reporters, deferring to when he actually does return to action and play in a game.
But that wasn’t about to keep Maroney from talking about the man next him during stretching on Friday.
- No Lead, No Problem
- Patriots vs. Browns: By the Numbers
- Offensive Fallout: Touch Percentage
- Patriots vs. Ravens Flexed Out of Primetime for Week 16
- New England Patriots Links 12/10/13 - 'Next Man Up' Philosophy Faces...
- New England Patriots fans, take a deep breath and enjoy the ride
- The Heart of a Machine