Moss: ‘Just to let you know, I bounce back’
|12.20.09 at 4:45 pm ET|
“It’s been really a tough couple of weeks,” Moss said. “You move on. That’s the nature of the game. I’m happy that we got this victory.”
He then acknowledged the support of his fans while taking a veiled shot at those who criticized him for his one-catch effort the week before against Carolina.
“I appreciate all of the support from my true fans, the players, the coaches, my family and loved ones,” Moss said, adding, “I’ve been in this league 12 years, man, and I’ve been through a lot.”
Patriots coach Bill Belichick wasted no time in giving Moss support after he caught five balls for 70 yards, including a 13-yard TD in the second quarter while drawing a 43-yard pass interference call on Bills cornerback Donte Whitner.
“He’s been one of our most consistent players the last three years,” Belichick said. “He does that a lot.”
Moss, who did not take questions, sounded a defiant tone before walking off the podium in Orchard Park, NY.
“These shoulders that I have on my body, you could put the earth on it,” he said. “Just to let you know, I bounce back.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick