Moss, Brady not at start of practice
|12.30.09 at 1:11 pm ET|
FOXBORO – Tom Brady and Randy Moss were again missing from the start of practice on Wednesday as the Patriots began their preparations for the Houston Texans on Sunday in Houston.
With the bitter cold outside, the team held practice in the Dana Farber Field House in sweats and shells to simulate the dome environment they’ll be facing on Sunday.
That wasn’t the only adjustment head coach Bill Belichick made. The Patriots head coach moved practice up one hour to noon so to get his team adjusted to the noon CT start on Sunday.
“We just decided to go out a little bit earlier,” Belichick said. “It’s a noon game in Houston so we’re just going to move up the schedule up a little bit and try to get used to it. It’s an hour, get used to getting out there earlier, practicing earlier and playing earlier. Make sure we’re ready to go. We don’t want to happen to us what happened to Seattle and Miami, get down down by 20-some points in the first or second quarter, it would be hard to win that way.”
Meanwhile, Matthew Slater, Kyle Arrington, Bruce Davis, Thomas Williams, Dan Connolly and Darryl Richard were all recognized as practice players of the week by wearing the black jerseys in practice.
- What Are The Odds?
- New England Patriots Links 12/13/13 - Defense Needs to Keep the Heat on...
- The New England Patriots now control their destiny in the AFC playoff...
- 2013 Week 14 Patriots Power Rankings
- New England Patriots Links 12/12/13 - Jamie Collins Growing into...
- Coping With Loss: the Rob Gronkowski Edition
- New England Patriots Links 12/11/13 - Can Mental Toughness Overcome...