Wilfork: ‘Things work themselves out’
|12.30.09 at 3:49 pm ET|
FOXBORO – Very rarely do you ever hear a professional athlete sincerely thank the media for their coverage of a story. But Vince Wilfork took to the podium on Wednesday to accept the praise for his Pro Bowl selection a day earlier and toward the end thanked reporters in attendance for not hounding him about his contract status with the Patriots.
And that contract status is what makes this Pro Bowl honor for the Patriots’ nose tackle that much more unique. After stating in the summer that he intended to honor the sixth year of his six-year contract with the team and not hold out for a new deal, Wilfork went out and played perhaps the best he’s played in his NFL career.
Throw on top of that the fact that Richard Seymour was dealt to the Oakland Raiders a week before the season, and a lot of weight was placed on his very broad shoulders.
But Wilfork said on Wednesday he’s used to the pressure.
“My wife put it on me,” Wilfork said of Bianca Wilfork. “I have no regrets.”
- Patriots Are Reliant on Rookies, But Still Winning
- New England Patriots Links 12/04/13 - Patriots Preparing For All Browns...
- NFL Playoff Picture: Where do the Patriots Stand After 12 Games?
- Turning Heel
- New England Patriots Links 12/03/13 - Brady, Patriots Heat Up in December
- Patriots vs. Texans: By the Numbers
- Patriots vs. Texans: Fan Notes from the Game