Belichick: ‘Put this behind us’
|01.03.10 at 4:29 pm ET|
Patriots coach Bill Belichick was very short and to the point following his team’s 34-27 loss to the Houston Texans at Reliant Stadium on Sunday.
“Right now, we put this game behind us,” Belichick said. “We come in Tuesday getting ready for who we play next.”
With the Bills and Panthers winning Sunday, the Patriots win the No. 3 seed IF the Bengals lose tonight.
Belichick was then asked several times about an update on Wes Welker, who was carted off following a serious left knee injury in the first quarter.
“I don’t have any update. I don’t have any update. I don’t have any update.” Belichick said.
“We played the game the way we felt like we needed to play it.” Belichick said when asked about the decision to play starters, including Tom Brady, Welker and Randy Moss.
Other comments from Belichick:
“We just played the game. Whoever we play, we’ll try to get ready for them. We’ll start getting ready on Tuesday.”
“They played a good game,” Belichick on Texans 4th-quarter comeback.
“Right now, we’re going to prepare for whoever we play next.”
- Patriots vs. Browns: Fan Notes from the Game
- BNOTD: Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski Tears ACL
- New England Patriots Links 12/09/13 - Patriots Celebrate Last-Minute...
- In the Mind of Destruction
- Patriots vs. Browns Final Score: Gronkowski Injured in Dramatic 27-26...
- Halftime: Patriots Struggle Again in 1st Half, Trail Browns 6-0
- Week 14 Game Thread: Patriots vs. Browns