Welker carted off with knee injury
|01.03.10 at 1:24 pm ET|
Patriots wide receiver Wes Welker went down with a left knee injury early in the first quarter of Sunday’s game when he tried to make a cut after hauling in a pass against the Texans. Welker was helped to the sidelines without putting any pressure on the knee, and was later seen in tears on the sideline before being carted off to the locker room. The Patriots announced that he would not be returning to the game. One of the leading receivers in the NFL coming into the regular-season finale, the Pro Bowl receiver entered the game with 122 receptions on the season.
In light of the injury to Wes Welker, was Bill Belichick wrong to play his regulars in the season finale?
- No - the players needed a tuneup, and you can't anticipate injury (80%, 450 Votes)
- Yes - he should have kept them on the sidelines to avoid an injury (20%, 111 Votes)
Total Voters: 561
- Belichick on Ridley, Faulk, and Ozzie Newsome
- The Best Around
- New England Patriots Links 12/06/13 - Sunday Spotlight Will Have Pats'...
- Alfonzo Dennard's Sentence Extended
- New England Patriots resign WR Austin Collie
- New England Patriots Links 12/05/13 - Alfonzo Dennard to Find Out Legal...
- 2013 Week 13 Patriots Power Rankings