Defensive coordinator Dean Pees hospitalized
|01.04.10 at 2:49 pm ET|
WEEI has learned Patriots defensive coordinator Dean Pees was taken to the hospital during the third quarter in the Patriots’ 34-27 loss to the Houston Texans on Sunday.
Pees experienced shortness of breath while sitting in the coaches box and was consequently rushed to a nearby hospital. A battery of tests were done, and it was determined that Pees will make a full recovery and will get back to work this week.
The 60-year-old Pees, in his fourth season as the Patriots’ defensive coordinator, did not travel back to New England with the team following the game Sunday, but he is expected to return later Monday evening.
- 2013 Week 14 Patriots Power Rankings
- New England Patriots Links 12/12/13 - Jamie Collins Growing into...
- Coping With Loss: the Rob Gronkowski Edition
- New England Patriots Links 12/11/13 - Can Mental Toughness Overcome...
- No Lead, No Problem
- Patriots vs. Browns: By the Numbers
- Offensive Fallout: Touch Percentage