Revis goes after Moss again
|02.01.10 at 12:33 pm ET|
New York Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis took another shot at Patriots wide receiver Randy Moss over the weekend, telling ESPN that “sometimes [Moss] takes plays off. Sometimes he don’t.”
“Will he fight through tough coverage? Everybody knows Randy Moss,” Revis said while at the Pro Bowl. “Sometimes he takes plays off. Sometimes he don’t. That’s his game now. He’s still a great player, and he still manages to make plays.”
Two weeks ago, in an interview with the NFL Network, Revis called Moss a “slouch.” Over the weekend at the Pro Bowl, Revis added to it when someone asked about Moss’ comments in the wake of a Week 2 battle, a Jets win where Moss had four catches for 24 yards but said Revis had help from safety Kerry Rhodes.
“Just trying to cover it up because Randy Moss didn’t have a great game,” Revis said Sunday night. “You always see Randy Moss catching 160 yards, 180 yards, two, three touchdowns. That day wasn’t his day. That happens sometimes in football.”
Revis did have good things to say about New England’s other high-profile wide receiver Wes Welker, who he said was a tougher cover than Moss.
“He’s a scrapper,” Revis said of Welker. “He can do all the option routes you can draw up, and he gets open all the time.”
- New England Patriots Links 12/11/13 - Can Mental Toughness Overcome...
- No Lead, No Problem
- Patriots vs. Browns: By the Numbers
- Offensive Fallout: Touch Percentage
- Patriots vs. Ravens Flexed Out of Primetime for Week 16
- New England Patriots Links 12/10/13 - 'Next Man Up' Philosophy Faces...
- New England Patriots fans, take a deep breath and enjoy the ride