Revis goes after Moss again
|02.01.10 at 12:33 pm ET|
“Will he fight through tough coverage? Everybody knows Randy Moss,” Revis said while at the Pro Bowl. “Sometimes he takes plays off. Sometimes he don’t. That’s his game now. He’s still a great player, and he still manages to make plays.”
Two weeks ago, in an interview with the NFL Network, Revis called Moss a “slouch.” Over the weekend at the Pro Bowl, Revis added to it when someone asked about Moss’ comments in the wake of a Week 2 battle, a Jets win where Moss had four catches for 24 yards but said Revis had help from safety Kerry Rhodes.
“Just trying to cover it up because Randy Moss didn’t have a great game,” Revis said Sunday night. “You always see Randy Moss catching 160 yards, 180 yards, two, three touchdowns. That day wasn’t his day. That happens sometimes in football.”
Revis did have good things to say about New England’s other high-profile wide receiver Wes Welker, who he said was a tougher cover than Moss.
“He’s a scrapper,” Revis said of Welker. “He can do all the option routes you can draw up, and he gets open all the time.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why the Best Is Yet to Come for the New England Patriots Offense
- Falcons, Bengals, Patriots Will Stay Perfect
- Pats' Preview for Cowboys Game
- Patriots' Week 5 Stock Report
- Patriots, Titans Betting Trends Following Bye Week
- Sheard Finally Gives Patriots Depth at OLB
- Week 4 Proves Why Pats Are Still in Driver's Seat