Heath Evans’ Super Bowl blog: South Florida!
|02.01.10 at 12:35 pm ET|
Injured Saints fullback Heath Evans, a former Patriot, is WEEI.com’s guest blogger in the days leading up to Super Bowl XLIV in Miami. While helping the NFC champions in their preparations for the Colts, Evans is sharing his thoughts about taking part in his second Super Bowl, two years after helping the Patriots reach the NFL’s ultimate game.
We just landed in South Florida! [Jeremy] Shockey, as always, was hootin’ and hollerin’ the whole way down on the plane … always an adventure with him. Otherwise, the flight was uneventful.
The weather here in sunny South Florida is pretty bleak. We leave 40 degrees in NOLA and get to overcast, rainy showers here in Miami. The good thing about being here is that the weather will be sunny and warm very soon!
Now we head to the team hotel to get checked in and settled. After that, we’ll hit the practice field at “The U” (University of Miami) ‘ Shockey and [Jonathan] Vilma’s old stomping grounds ‘ for a ten-ten-ten: our term for a walk-through. We’ll go through plays perfectly ‘ 30 perfect offensive plays, 30 perfect defensive plays, and 30 perfect special teams plays.
After that, I’ll get back to the hotel and do a more in-depth blog …
Thanks for all your support from the Northeast! Who Dat!
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Even Patriots Haters Should Marvel at Historic Greatness of Brady and Co.
- Tom Brady, Bill Belichick Clinch Record 7th Super Bowl Appearance
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Ankle and Return
- Martellus Bennett Injury: Updates on Patriots TE's Knee, Ankle and Return
- Donald Trump Addresses Robert Kraft, Tom Brady at Campaign Donors Dinner
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction