Heath Evans’ Super Bowl blog: South Florida!
|02.01.10 at 12:35 pm ET|
Injured Saints fullback Heath Evans, a former Patriot, is WEEI.com’s guest blogger in the days leading up to Super Bowl XLIV in Miami. While helping the NFC champions in their preparations for the Colts, Evans is sharing his thoughts about taking part in his second Super Bowl, two years after helping the Patriots reach the NFL’s ultimate game.
We just landed in South Florida! [Jeremy] Shockey, as always, was hootin’ and hollerin’ the whole way down on the plane … always an adventure with him. Otherwise, the flight was uneventful.
The weather here in sunny South Florida is pretty bleak. We leave 40 degrees in NOLA and get to overcast, rainy showers here in Miami. The good thing about being here is that the weather will be sunny and warm very soon!
Now we head to the team hotel to get checked in and settled. After that, we’ll hit the practice field at “The U” (University of Miami) ‘ Shockey and [Jonathan] Vilma’s old stomping grounds ‘ for a ten-ten-ten: our term for a walk-through. We’ll go through plays perfectly ‘ 30 perfect offensive plays, 30 perfect defensive plays, and 30 perfect special teams plays.
After that, I’ll get back to the hotel and do a more in-depth blog …
Thanks for all your support from the Northeast! Who Dat!
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Tom Brady Says He Has No Interest in Pursuing Coaching Career
- New England Patriots vs. Buffalo Bills Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Knee Surgery
- Rob Gronkowski Keeps Rolling as the Patriots' Offensive Pillar
- Patriots vs. Steelers: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- NFL Power Rankings: Breaking Down Sunday's Action Ahead of Week 7
- Patriots vs. Bengals: Full Report Card Grades for New England