Heath Evans’ Super Bowl blog: South Florida!
|02.01.10 at 12:35 pm ET|
Injured Saints fullback Heath Evans, a former Patriot, is WEEI.com’s guest blogger in the days leading up to Super Bowl XLIV in Miami. While helping the NFC champions in their preparations for the Colts, Evans is sharing his thoughts about taking part in his second Super Bowl, two years after helping the Patriots reach the NFL’s ultimate game.
We just landed in South Florida! [Jeremy] Shockey, as always, was hootin’ and hollerin’ the whole way down on the plane … always an adventure with him. Otherwise, the flight was uneventful.
The weather here in sunny South Florida is pretty bleak. We leave 40 degrees in NOLA and get to overcast, rainy showers here in Miami. The good thing about being here is that the weather will be sunny and warm very soon!
Now we head to the team hotel to get checked in and settled. After that, we’ll hit the practice field at “The U” (University of Miami) ‘ Shockey and [Jonathan] Vilma’s old stomping grounds ‘ for a ten-ten-ten: our term for a walk-through. We’ll go through plays perfectly ‘ 30 perfect offensive plays, 30 perfect defensive plays, and 30 perfect special teams plays.
After that, I’ll get back to the hotel and do a more in-depth blog …
Thanks for all your support from the Northeast! Who Dat!
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal
- Brady's Request for Rehearing of Deflategate Appeal Denied