Heath Evans’ Super Bowl blog: Back to training camp!
|02.03.10 at 1:44 pm ET|
Injured Saints fullback Heath Evans, a former Patriot, is WEEI.com’s guest blogger in the days leading up to Super Bowl XLIV in Miami. While helping the NFC champions in their preparations for the Colts, Evans is sharing his thoughts about taking part in his second Super Bowl, two years after helping the Patriots reach the NFL’s ultimate game.
Heading to practice at The U! You’d think Jeremy Shockey was a God around here … lots of attention. Beyond that, this practice will be our usual “back to work” practice after a travel day and a media day. We’ll put the shoulder pads on and start into each other like it is training camp — knocking each other around a bit and getting the rust off.
The emphasis will be on balance and complementary play. Running and passing, offense and defense, all of it combined with special teams. We want everyone on the same page: short field for us, long field for them. We all know we’ve got a game ahead of us. For the rest of the world it is a spectacle, but for us it is a game we’ve got to prepare for mentally and physically. We’ve got guys who have been to the Super Bowl before, and we are emphasizing the focus needed. Each week is a game — game plan, physical preparation, razor-sharp focus.
Back to the weather again: While the weather has smoothed out and gotten to be more South Florida-like, we were all laughing about how we woke up to icicles in the hotel rooms — great AC! Almost made us think we were back in some northern city with little sunshine and less warmth!
Geaux Saints! Thanks to all the great fans — from NOLA and around the country — who are getting behind this team and this city! Who Dat!!!
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know