It all happened so fast
|02.27.10 at 10:55 am ET|
INDIANAPOLIS — And just as strangely as 5-foot-5 LSU return man Trindon Holliday came to the starting line for his 40-yard dash at Lucas Oil Stadium, he was gone.
And perhaps so was Chris Johnson’s record.
The undersized speedster clocked in at an unofficial 4.22 seconds, two hundredths of a second better than Johnson’s 4.24 in 2008. Some saw it coming, but anyone wowed by the impressive sprint had plenty more to be excited about. It’s been that kind of morning at the combine.
Maryland offensive tackle Bruce Campbell, who I projected to the Cowboys with the 27th overall pick in WEEI.com’s pre-combine mock draft, ran the fastest 40 time for an offensive lineman, according to a tweet from agent Drew Rosenhaus. The 4.78 showing was unprecedented for the 314 Campbell. While Holliday likely won’t see his status as a late-round pick change, it is very possible that Campbell, who also did 34 reps in the weight room, will skyrocket into the top half of the first round.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Keeps Rolling as the Patriots' Offensive Pillar
- Patriots vs. Steelers: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- NFL Power Rankings: Breaking Down Sunday's Action Ahead of Week 7
- Patriots vs. Bengals: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Illness: Updates on Patriots TE's Status and Return
- Tom Brady Elects Not to Comment When Asked About Donald Trump's Leaked...
- Cincinnati Bengals vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL...