It all happened so fast
|02.27.10 at 10:55 am ET|
INDIANAPOLIS — And just as strangely as 5-foot-5 LSU return man Trindon Holliday came to the starting line for his 40-yard dash at Lucas Oil Stadium, he was gone.
And perhaps so was Chris Johnson’s record.
The undersized speedster clocked in at an unofficial 4.22 seconds, two hundredths of a second better than Johnson’s 4.24 in 2008. Some saw it coming, but anyone wowed by the impressive sprint had plenty more to be excited about. It’s been that kind of morning at the combine.
Maryland offensive tackle Bruce Campbell, who I projected to the Cowboys with the 27th overall pick in WEEI.com’s pre-combine mock draft, ran the fastest 40 time for an offensive lineman, according to a tweet from agent Drew Rosenhaus. The 4.78 showing was unprecedented for the 314 Campbell. While Holliday likely won’t see his status as a late-round pick change, it is very possible that Campbell, who also did 34 reps in the weight room, will skyrocket into the top half of the first round.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Terrance Knighton Cut by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Updates on Patriots OT Sebastian Vollmer Injury
- Latest Updates on Tom Brady's Thumb Injury
- Malcolm Mitchell Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Elbow
- Tom Brady Comments on Suspension, Decision to Drop Deflategate Appeal
- Latest Updates on Bryan Stork's Concussion
- Gronk Is Too Good to Be NFL's Highest-Paid TE