Peppers headed to Chicago — deal imminent?
|03.05.10 at 2:05 am ET|
In the early hours of free agency, it certainly appears that the Chicago Bears have the inside track on landing defensive end Julius Peppers.
Multiple outlets are reporting that Peppers, considered the premier pass-rusher available in this year’s free-agent pool, has a Friday meeting set up with the Bears with an eye toward signing a deal quickly. ESPN’s Adam Schefter is reporting that barring any unforeseen complications, the Peppers deal gets done in rapid fashion and announced with the Bears by Friday afternoon. (Reports indicate that if a deal does not get done in Chicago, Peppers’ agent Carl Carey considers Philadelphia a fallback plan.)
No Patriots news to report as of yet — Leigh Bodden, Derrick Burgess, Kevin Faulk, Tully Banta-Cain, Jarvis Green, Chris Hanson, Steve Neal and Benjamin Watson all became free agents as of midnight Friday. Reports indicate Bodden has drawn interest from a handful of teams, including Houston, Seattle, New England and Pittsburgh.
Other free agency news — as of this hour — has linebacker Karlos Dansby heading to South Florida for a visit with the Dolphins. The move would mark the second big addition for an AFC East in the last 24 hours, as the Jets swung a deal to obtain cornerback Antonio Cromartie from San Diego in exchange for for a 2011 third-round draft choice that could become a second-rounder. With Cromartie and Revis, that gives the Jets two cornerbacks who are 30 or younger and have been first-team All-Pros within the past three seasons.
2013 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2013 NFL DRAFT
- New England Patriots Links 6/19/13 - Patriots Dominate on First Down
- Police Searched Aaron Hernandez' Home For More than Two Hours
- Aaron Hernandez Questioned, Has Home Searched after Killing
- Report: Rob Gronkowski Back Surgery Completed and Successful
- Fantasy Outlook: Patriots RB Stevan Ridley
- The Top 20 Most Memorable Patriots Moments of 2012: Number 5
- New England Patriots Links 6/18/13 - Shane Vereen: Offense Has 'Sour...