Peppers headed to Chicago — deal imminent?
|03.05.10 at 2:05 am ET|
Multiple outlets are reporting that Peppers, considered the premier pass-rusher available in this year’s free-agent pool, has a Friday meeting set up with the Bears with an eye toward signing a deal quickly. ESPN’s Adam Schefter is reporting that barring any unforeseen complications, the Peppers deal gets done in rapid fashion and announced with the Bears by Friday afternoon. (Reports indicate that if a deal does not get done in Chicago, Peppers’ agent Carl Carey considers Philadelphia a fallback plan.)
No Patriots news to report as of yet ‘ Leigh Bodden, Derrick Burgess, Kevin Faulk, Tully Banta-Cain, Jarvis Green, Chris Hanson, Steve Neal and Benjamin Watson all became free agents as of midnight Friday. Reports indicate Bodden has drawn interest from a handful of teams, including Houston, Seattle, New England and Pittsburgh.
Other free agency news ‘ as of this hour ‘ has linebacker Karlos Dansby heading to South Florida for a visit with the Dolphins. The move would mark the second big addition for an AFC East in the last 24 hours, as the Jets swung a deal to obtain cornerback Antonio Cromartie from San Diego in exchange for for a 2011 third-round draft choice that could become a second-rounder. With Cromartie and Revis, that gives the Jets two cornerbacks who are 30 or younger and have been first-team All-Pros within the past three seasons.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...
- Despite Injuries, Patriots Already September's Biggest Winners in the NFL