Source says Pats interested in bringing back Smith
|03.05.10 at 6:20 pm ET|
WEEI.com has confirmed a report via a league source that the Patriots have expressed an interest in bringing back Le Kevin Smith.
Smith, a defensive lineman who was taken by the Patriots in the sixth round of the 2006 draft, played three years in New England before being dealt to Denver before the start of the 2009 season for a fifth-round pick in the 2010 draft. Primarily a backup over the course of his four-year career, the 27-year-old free agent has started a pair of games in the NFL. His best season came in 2008 when he played in 15 games and finished with 14 tackles.
The news was initially reported by scout.com.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...