Source says Pats interested in bringing back Smith
|03.05.10 at 6:20 pm ET|
WEEI.com has confirmed a report via a league source that the Patriots have expressed an interest in bringing back Le Kevin Smith.
Smith, a defensive lineman who was taken by the Patriots in the sixth round of the 2006 draft, played three years in New England before being dealt to Denver before the start of the 2009 season for a fifth-round pick in the 2010 draft. Primarily a backup over the course of his four-year career, the 27-year-old free agent has started a pair of games in the NFL. His best season came in 2008 when he played in 15 games and finished with 14 tackles.
The news was initially reported by scout.com.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Free Agents That Need to Be on Patriots' Radar
- Why Big Changes Could Be Coming for Patriots at WR
- Super Bowl XXXVI: Reliving the Start of the Patriots Dynasty
- We Remember: Butler's Game-Winning in Super Bowl XLIX
- Patriots Must Focus on Bringing Balance to Offense This Offseason
- Pats Must Use 2016 Offseason to Prep for Big 2017 FA Class
- Glenn Gronkowski to Meet with Patriots During Senior Bowl