Source says Pats interested in bringing back Smith
|03.05.10 at 6:20 pm ET|
WEEI.com has confirmed a report via a league source that the Patriots have expressed an interest in bringing back Le Kevin Smith.
Smith, a defensive lineman who was taken by the Patriots in the sixth round of the 2006 draft, played three years in New England before being dealt to Denver before the start of the 2009 season for a fifth-round pick in the 2010 draft. Primarily a backup over the course of his four-year career, the 27-year-old free agent has started a pair of games in the NFL. His best season came in 2008 when he played in 15 games and finished with 14 tackles.
The news was initially reported by scout.com.
2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2014 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick