Source says Pats interested in bringing back Smith
|03.05.10 at 6:20 pm ET|
WEEI.com has confirmed a report via a league source that the Patriots have expressed an interest in bringing back Le Kevin Smith.
Smith, a defensive lineman who was taken by the Patriots in the sixth round of the 2006 draft, played three years in New England before being dealt to Denver before the start of the 2009 season for a fifth-round pick in the 2010 draft. Primarily a backup over the course of his four-year career, the 27-year-old free agent has started a pair of games in the NFL. His best season came in 2008 when he played in 15 games and finished with 14 tackles.
The news was initially reported by scout.com.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal
- Brady's Request for Rehearing of Deflategate Appeal Denied