Bodden talks Texans
|03.07.10 at 11:15 pm ET|
Free agent cornerback Leigh Bodden touched down in Houston Sunday night for a meeting with the Texans, and had plenty to say. Fox 26 TV was the first to chase him down, and he sounded excited about the possibility of being wooed by the Texans.
“I think it’s great having a team like the Houston Texans being interested in me,” Bodden said in an interview at Houston’s Hobby Airport. “I’m just going to go here, meet the coaches, and hopefully everything goes good.”
Bodden called the free agency process “kind of nerve-wracking,” but added that, “it is what it is. It’s part of the business. … Hopefully I can get things done with the Texans and just move on.”
Bodden, who said he had other visits planned, also talked a little about the Patriots, saying he hasn’t closed the door on a potential return to New England.
“I had a good year there, but it’s all about who wants me,” Bodden said. “If they want me, they can get me. If Houston wants me, they can get me. I’m just here to see what these guys have to offer and just meet the coaches.”
2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2014 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick