Bodden talks Texans
|03.07.10 at 11:15 pm ET|
Free agent cornerback Leigh Bodden touched down in Houston Sunday night for a meeting with the Texans, and had plenty to say. Fox 26 TV was the first to chase him down, and he sounded excited about the possibility of being wooed by the Texans.
“I think it’s great having a team like the Houston Texans being interested in me,” Bodden said in an interview at Houston’s Hobby Airport. “I’m just going to go here, meet the coaches, and hopefully everything goes good.”
Bodden called the free agency process ‘kind of nerve-wracking,’ but added that, ‘it is what it is. It’s part of the business. … Hopefully I can get things done with the Texans and just move on.’
Bodden, who said he had other visits planned, also talked a little about the Patriots, saying he hasn’t closed the door on a potential return to New England.
‘I had a good year there, but it’s all about who wants me,’ Bodden said. ‘If they want me, they can get me. If Houston wants me, they can get me. I’m just here to see what these guys have to offer and just meet the coaches.’
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots Star Danny Amendola's Injuries
- Why Collins Is Patriots' Most Important 2017 Free Agent
- Biggest Issues the Patriots Will Face in 2016 Season
- Super Bowl Odds: Patriots Betting Favorites Despite Brady Suspension
- Position Battles to Watch in Patriots Training Camp
- Does Brissett Have a Chance to Be Patriots Week 1 Starter?
- Brady Is Under Too Much Pressure, and It Could Crush Pats Dynasty