Patriots working out Sapp
|03.16.10 at 12:10 pm ET|
Clemson defensive end/outside linebacker Ricky Sapp has an early-afternoon private workout with the Patriots on Tuesday, he confirmed to WEEI.com. Sapp is considered to be among the elite pass-rushers in a very deep draft, and unlike many of the 4-3 ends who would convert to outside linebacker in the Patriots’ 3-4, Sapp saw a great deal of playing time standing up in his final season at Clemson. The 6-foot-3 7/8, 252 pound Sapp is projected to be a first round pick in April.
WEEI.com has followed Sapp, who seems to be a logical target for the Patriots at pick No. 22, rather closely during the pre-draft process. For more on Sapp from last month’s NFL combine, click here. For a general look at Sapp and what he brings to the table, click here.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Sheard Finally Gives Patriots Depth at OLB
- Week 4 Proves Why Pats Are Still in Driver's Seat
- Patriots Favored over Cowboys in Marquee Matchup
- Pros, Cons of Patriots' Offensive Line Shuffling
- What's the Secret to Lewis' Sudden Stardom?
- Blount and Lewis Are Perfect 1-2 Punch in Pats Backfield
- Adjustments Patriots Must Make After Bye Week