Patriots working out Sapp
|03.16.10 at 12:10 pm ET|
Clemson defensive end/outside linebacker Ricky Sapp has an early-afternoon private workout with the Patriots on Tuesday, he confirmed to WEEI.com. Sapp is considered to be among the elite pass-rushers in a very deep draft, and unlike many of the 4-3 ends who would convert to outside linebacker in the Patriots’ 3-4, Sapp saw a great deal of playing time standing up in his final season at Clemson. The 6-foot-3 7/8, 252 pound Sapp is projected to be a first round pick in April.
WEEI.com has followed Sapp, who seems to be a logical target for the Patriots at pick No. 22, rather closely during the pre-draft process. For more on Sapp from last month’s NFL combine, click here. For a general look at Sapp and what he brings to the table, click here.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Aaron Hernandez's Fiancee Testifies in Double Homicide Trial
- Predicting New England Patriots' 2017 Starters After 1st Wave of Free...
- Joe Mixon Reportedly Removed from Patriots' Draft Board Due to Assault...
- Roger Goodell to Attend Patriots Home Opener, 1st Foxboro Trip Since...
- Robert Kraft 'Would Love' for Darrelle Revis to Return to Patriots
- Ideal Second-Round Fits for New England Patriots in 2017 NFL Draft
- Robert Kraft Discusses Restricted Free-Agent Malcolm Butler's Contract...