Pats unveil All-Decade Team
|03.16.10 at 1:08 pm ET|
The Patriots All-Decade Team, which was unveiled on Tuesday, features plenty of old favorites and some surprising choices.
The team, which was put together by the 22-person Patriots Hall of Fame Nomination Committee (made up of reporters, alumni and staff) has 11 offensive, 11 defensive, four special teams players and one head coach. Four of the 27 members were also members of the 1990s All-Decade Team ‘ Willie McGinest was named to the 1990s All-Decade Team as a defensive end and to the 2000s All-Decade Team as an outside linebacker. He joins cornerback Ty Law, safety Lawyer Milloy and kicker Adam Vinatieri as the four players with the distinction of being on both teams.
Here’s a look at the rest of the team:
Tackles: Matt Light and Nick Kaczur. Guards: Joe Andruzzi and Logan Mankins. Center: Dan Koppen. Tight end: Daniel Graham. Wide receivers: Troy Brown, Randy Moss, Wes Welker. Quarterback: Tom Brady. Running back: Corey Dillon.
Defensive ends: Richard Seymour and Ty Warren. Nose tackle: Vince Wilfork. Outside linebackers: Willie McGinest and Mike Vrabel. Inside linebackers: Roman Phifer and Tedy Bruschi. Cornerbacks: Ty Law and Asante Samuel. Safeties: Rodney Harrison and Lawyer Milloy.
COACH: Bill Belichick
(The committee also met Monday to nominate three finalists for this year’s Patriots Hall of Fame. The finalists will be announced next month and fans will have an opportunity to vote on the Patriots website, www.patriots.com, for the player they feel are most deserving of Hall of Fame induction at that time.)
What do you think of the group? (I’ll bet I know who is going to generate the most comments….) Is there someone left out? And what do you think of going with three wide receivers and just one running back? Let us know…..
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Donald Trump Addresses Robert Kraft, Tom Brady at Campaign Donors Dinner
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Patriots Picked Perfect Time to Play Imperfect Football in Win over...
- Dion Lewis vs. Texans: Stats, Highlights and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- In Better Shape Than Ever at Age 39: Here's How Tom Brady Does It